Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of the UK crew have been toying with the idea of producing a Nissan based UK publication (mag) as there is no official tuning mag for nissans over here. But we want to try and get the backing of Nissan UK. This obviously isnt a easy task, trying to get an internationally based company to take us, a small group of enthusiats, seriously. First off, Kev Fairburn's site (http//:www.nissanprimera.net) has already attracted their attention so we hope to play on this and get them to listen. But we also need everyones support. Were hoping to have international feature within the mag aswell, so that we can try and bridge the gap over the water, aswell as be educated by your achievements.

At a later stage, ill post up some details of the layout, maybe get some ideas from yourselves too.

Look forward to your support.

(moderators, can you make it a sticky for me please?)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
we will be waiting with anticipation. This sounds interesting and productive so keep in touch and good luck.

i'm all for the nissan publication even if we dont start off as a magazine guys think about this we could at least begin with a newsletter and have subscribers online to the newsletter and that would be more feasible for our budgets and we could all contribute to it every month online and offline

Nissan parent company of Infiniti
casual

casual

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've been asking around and I've found a few publishing companies that would print it for us. My stepmum also works for a magazine advertising agency that arranges prices and sells advertising space in magazines so we should be able to get that covered. Are we going to have enough content though? After a few issues have gone out I would have thought so, but funding those issues is going to be hard.

I was thinking we need to get all the big nissan clubs on board (NTOC, GTR Register, Z club, 200sx club, micra sports, etc.) and have a club section to the magazine where the clubs can put out announcements and so on.

Maybe have it as a by enthusiasts for enthusiasts type thing. We could probably have a fair bit on technical questions as well, where the staff of the magazine would answer what they can, but aslo where readers could write in with answers. Best answer of the months gets a goodie bag or something.

It would also be good if we can get Nismo to chuck their press announcments/race reports/whatever out via us. Getting Nismo on board, even in a tiny way, would give us a stack of credibility.

It would be nice to have some international involvement, you know, just sort of how things are going on the international nissan performance scene.

Just what I was thinking.

(moderators, can you make it a sticky for me please?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts