Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20,841 Posts
95_g20_P10 said:
do strut bars actully give noticeable handling gains?
Yes

I don't know how you would measure that, besides skidpad. The front end becomes more ridgid, which is good in turns. I never had one though, haven't got around to it yet.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It makes more of a difference if you already have an aftermarket suspension. It'll make a difference on a stock setup, but you'll feel more of a difference if it's aftermarket setup...placebo effect I guess.

·
Registered
20,841 Posts
FF Drifter said:
placebo effect I guess.
Yep. I think that even with stock suspension the tower brace would make it stiff enough for the suspension to work more effectively since it isn't bouncing around inrelation to the other side of the car.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You get a front strut brace standard on the UK Primera GTs. Nothing spectacular but it's there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't honestly know about the p10's but the point is Nissan think they're worth it.

·
Registered
20,841 Posts
xenobait said:
the point is Nissan think they're worth it.
I see more and more STBs as part of a optional sport suspensions on different cars. I use the same logic that if the factory puts on performance models, it probably works.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: well...

Chris said:
I have noticed ZERO difference in putting on my front strut bar on my p10.. take that as you will folks!

You still have stock suspension, right?

·
Registered
59 Posts
handling...

I noticed a slight difference when hitting sharp corners. I put a rear brace on and noticed a LOT more stiffness and control in the ride. My shocks/springs/rims are still stock.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Personally, I think the rear swaybar has improved my handling the best (other than the eibach springs)... with the front and rear STB, I feel the car is much more rigid. There is quite a difference I think.
Point being, a STB isnt going to make you handle like a ferrari, but if you take your car in some hard corners, you might get a tad more response which is felt more the more you upgrade your suspension.

MMM.... I love corners:cheeky:

·
Registered
20,841 Posts
Re: well...

Chris said:
I have noticed ZERO difference in putting on my front strut bar on my p10.. take that as you will folks!
Zero or a little. This is not the be-all, end-all solution for upgrading the suspension. It will make the front end a little more solid so maybe on fast sweeping corners you don't notice it but on a sharp sudden turn you would feel less flex in the body. You think the body is stiff enough? Luke broke his windshild becasue the car flexed when he went around a corner.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: Re: well...

trbobrk said:

You think the body is stiff enough? Luke broke his windshild becasue the car flexed when he went around a corner.
Damn dood! That's a TON of body roll! I've beaten the piss outta my car on the track and driven it hard other times and havn't seen anything like that or any other movement/flex related problems for that matter. That's crazy (and sucks too!).

·
Registered
20,841 Posts
JustinP10 said:
I've beaten the piss outta my car on the track and driven it hard other times and havn't seen anything like that or any other movement/flex related problems for that matter.
Well he had the inferior p11 :p

·
Registered
562 Posts
alot of cars are coming with them stock I believe...and doesn't necessarily have to be a option....my moms 2002 Lexus ES300 even has it and the car is high as hell....guess it works....and Type-R Integras come with front and rear STB and lower tie bars...guess they all work...somehow...I also agree that the car has to be under heavy cornering loads to feel a difference...not much but its there..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts