Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the G20 and the Primera P11 model share the same suspension setup or if they are different in any way. I'm looking at maybe buying a suspension setup from a P11 g20

Hope you can help,

Cheers
Kev

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I haven't heard anything about them not being the same. Go for it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kev,

The setup should be the same (independent multi-link up front, with semi-independent multi-link beam at the back) but the spring rates and damper settings will almost certainly be different - probably softer.
Why would you go for the US spec anyway?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about buying some second hand H&R Springs and kyb shox from a bloke in america

Thing is, all I want is some cheap suspension and shocks!!

Maybe you can answer this too mate, Koni make shocks for a P11 GT but the standard model isnt listed. surely they arent different between the models tho? Is it just that they mean the shocks are meant for the GT springs, so if I buy new springs (H&R) it will all fit....... help!!!

Kev

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah the GT dampers and shocks will fit your car.

Neil

UK, Primera SRi. ok, its not a GT but its faster =) =)

P.S first post on g20.net ...moved from automotive cause it seems to be dead!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man, I take it you have done this before then?

Welcome to g20.net too, its nice to have some more uk bods on here.... better chance of a possible uk meet up :p

Think I might go with some koni shocks then. what are you running on at the moment?

cheers again

Kev

·
Registered
29 Posts
i agree. I'm fairly certain the konis will fit no problem. As far as I know the only difference between the standard model and the GT is that the springs on the GT are stiffer.

If you do go with the konis then let us know how they are. I was toying with getting the kit myself at some point.

I believe that the kit includes springs and dampers - is this correct???

cheers,

Greg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ignore that Ive worked out how to do it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
JIC are looking for a UK distributor...........

Said If I can get a few UK buyers together we could save.
Sounds ominously like the ill-fated JIC group buy all over again but if anybody's interested let me know....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
let me know a price man, I might be interested if its decent.

Kev

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's not going to be cheap, this stuff is good all the way up to track spec. :cool:

looking at $1700 for the adjustable coilovers (1,168.78 GBP) plus whatever the taxman :angry: and customs will steal off ya, but you get what you pay for.

Ask around the forums, the JIC's are amongst the best there is and take a peek at the site on www.jic-magic.com

personally, i'm going to try and get the cash together for the monotube adjustable dampers. But I'm like that. :D

So what are you doing with you old bumper kev?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts