Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that I get a buzzing like soud when I am accelerating. It kicks in at about 22-2400rpm. I kinda sounds like a turbo spooling up. I dont know if it is the copper gasket between the manifold and the secondary or if the whole thing is lose. I tried to tighten up everything but it all seems to be sealed up pretty good. Or is that just the sound it makes? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maby a small plane. Kinda like an old VW Bettle but not as high pitch. What do you think it is?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
That is the same damn thing I am getting from my Pacesetter header. Sounds like a cricket on steroids.

Which header do you have? Did you only use copper gasket at the flange from the primaries to secondaries?

I have the paper PS header gasket in there and I am trying to figure out if it is leaking there too!

More info please!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the HS Header with the copper gasket it came with. But I had the CAI before the header and I never noticed any sound but the growl of the filter. The only thing it can be is the header. I did read on the SER site that the headers do give off a buzzing kinda sound but it was not that bad when I first slaped them on. There was a buzz but not like it is now!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not that bad. More annoying than anything else. Other than that everything feels fine. It pulls good, does not burn oil, and is not smoking. It just sounds like I have a big ass cricket under the hood!

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The sound that comes from the engine that sound like a whistling humb is normal. Some might say it sounds like a very low idled jet engine. I was reading about the noises that come from headers before I purchased my 4into1 STILLEN header and once I received it, I inspected the header and notice a rattle that seemed to come from the flex pipe. I began to shake the lower piping and little silver bearings began to fall from inside the piping. Curious, I called STILLEN to report this and no one seemed familiar with this happening. Not long after I had the header installed I notice a sound that I could hear while in my car that sounded like little rocks wizzing around. I never did find the source of this sound and it eventually stopped. :surprised

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i found my problem of the noise!!! it comes threw my speakers when the radio is on when i shut off no noise.

drive with your radio on and when u hear the noise turn the radio off see if it stops

1 - 11 of 11 Posts