Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wats up all? I'm new here, j/signed up.
Currently I'm pushin' a 2000 V6 Honda Accord sedan, I've been looking into the Infiniti G20 for a lil' while now, I j/had a few questions, maybe some of y'all can answer dem.

is there any engine that can be swapped into the 2000 G20's?
And if there is, can any of you guyz gimme some specs on it, and some roundabout pricing figure, of how much that swap costs. I Really like the look of the G20, but i've heard its slow and all, so i figured, JDM Engine swap, & turbo? hehe. But if any of you guyz can gimme any info on wat I asked and any other info u can give on the G20, please do so, thanxxx.
Latezzz

·
Registered
626 Posts
the best engine swap for the G is the SR20DET, its the turbo version of the Gs stock engine. its gonna cost ya 2k-3k to do it. but Gs arent that slow, i've got a 96' automatic and i think it gets good pickup for a 4cylnder. the car revs higher then most engines(7250rpm) , its no 6 like youve got now but its still a fast car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
or, as an alternative to the DET--and if your used to VTEC--theres the SR20VE...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The G20 is a hella sleeper... especially if your car looks hella beat up and has a big dent in its side like mine! :-\ I used to think of Accords as sleepers too *they're more aerodynamic than Civics...didja know?* and when I was lookin' for my car, I was considering a CD5 Honda Accord, but then I get a P10 Infiniti G20 instead. Accords aren't sleepers anymore... too many of them are tricked out nowadays.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
No one really expects anything from my car when I go to the track. I really don't have that much done to mine and it'll hold it's own on the track with what most people think to be much faster cars. It just really depends what you're looking for? drag racing, track racing, street car, etc....

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The sr20det puts out 205 hp (don't know if it's flywheel or wheel) at i think like 6 or 7 lbs. of pressure. But i was talking to the guy thats gonna do my swap with me and he said you can boost a lot higher and the engine and turbo will handle it fine. I'm pretty sure the stock turbo at full boost is 280 HP which is bad ass

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alrigh basically, I want a NICE looking car, which can be made to go very fast, something for everyday use, and for street racing too. Basically i'm lookin' for a car that can do that, but no1 really expects it to, ya kno? So would thiz car be for me? Oh and I want manual tranny, i'm j/askin', cuz i know some carz don't come w/manual tranny (ie: my accord).

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yeah thats pretty much exactly what i want from my g so it's a good pic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
:cool: In my opinion the G20 is the perfect luxery/sport sedan (other than the BMW M3,M5 or Merecedes AMG's) for its very capable §R20DE and loaded up luxery options whats not to like!!!!!:square:

§r20 Man

·
Registered
880 Posts
well, if you just want pure speed then buy a classic sentra SE-R (91-94). Buy an F-Max III kit and you'll be pushing 420whp with 22psi of boost. With the normal 7 psi you will have high 200's. Now if you have to have a 4 door, then a G would be a good car to choose. But you can't buy an F-max kit for it, you have to do an engine swap. DET would be you best bet for pure speed unless you want to spend lots of $$ on building up an engine. If you buy a G I reccomend buying a P10 model (91-96) as they are lighter than the P11 (99-02). Getting the touring edition will help too as it provides you with a vlsd. The se-r also comes with a vlsd.

·
Registered
520 Posts
BritCG20 said:
If you buy a G I reccomend buying a P10 model (91-96) as they are lighter than the P11 (99-02).
Yeah they are lighter, but P11's look alot better than the P10's. Sorry dawg, but its the truth.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Mista McCoilover said:

Yeah they are lighter, but P11's look alot better than the P10's. Sorry dawg, but its the truth.
:p That is true. The front of the P11 looks so much better than the P10. Although sometimes it's hard for me to see it as it's getting smaller in my rear-view mirrors.:p
(Sorry Mista McCoilover, someone had to defend the P10 ;) )

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Looks is also a matter of opinion. Most of my friends like my P10 better than a P11, although they also agree the P11 looks more luxurious. I like the P11 front, but the P10 rear looks better. The P11 just looks taller/narrower and doesn't seem as long-slung as a P10, but then again, it's all just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Misplaced thread

I drive a P10 but I like the looks of a dipped out P11 over the looks of a P10.

(EDIT: AGAIN I HAVE MADE A NEW THREAD WHEN I WANTED TO REPLY TO A THREAD "is the g20 a good sleeper" I AM STUPID BEYOND THAT OF STUPIDITY PLEASE MOVE ME!!!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BritCG20 said:
well, if you just want pure speed then buy a classic sentra SE-R (91-94). Buy an F-Max III kit and you'll be pushing 420whp with 22psi of boost. With the normal 7 psi you will have high 200's. Now if you have to have a 4 door, then a G would be a good car to choose. But you can't buy an F-max kit for it, you have to do an engine swap. DET would be you best bet for pure speed unless you want to spend lots of $$ on building up an engine. If you buy a G I reccomend buying a P10 model (91-96) as they are lighter than the P11 (99-02). Getting the touring edition will help too as it provides you with a vlsd. The se-r also comes with a vlsd.

I'd rather get the P11, because i'm in for the looks of that model, wat kind of Horsepower am I looking at getting w/the engine swap? and w/turbo?
And is the engine still reliable for daily driving, and still able to handle high boost?
And wat is VLSD?

Sorry if these are too many questions, i'm j/really interested.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts