Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want the setup for the remote start aspect. (New England winters suck!)

Viper alarms used to be the *thing* to get when I was up on these things. I don't know much about the newer generations (last 5 years or so) and I was wondering what to get. On eBay, I see Autopage and ones like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FM-C...5QQihZ003QQcategoryZ33720QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and I have about zero knowledge of what the good ones are these days.

Any suggestions? I like the keyless entry, trunk lid release and window rollup pieces as well as the obvious winner of having an alarm.

Looking to make the right choice here. If all goes well, I'll be able to do a writeup of the install.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's hear it for impatience. I went ahead and ordered it. If it comes in time, I'll be doing a big install of that and a sound system this upcoming weekend. (9th-ish)

If at all possible, I'll do a photo/writeup of it for you folks. I like that sort of thing and the ones I've seen here have given me some awesome ideas for things to do to my car.

You guys rock. (even if I didn't give you a chance to tell me about security systems :p

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a HOT site! Thanks so much for the link. This is the third night in a row I've spend up until 4-5am reading up on stuff for this.

That site seems to back up my decision (HUGE relief) to get the Audiovox alarm. There is so much information in there I think that my brain is full. I'm going to need to be excused.

Next weekend is the big install. Wish me luck!

Looks like stereo, remote starter/alarm and the red l.e.d's in the dash. Should be a busy couple of days. Especially if I can do a pictorial with it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Keep in mind that the alarm is only as good as the install. Just make sure you take your time to hide everything, make wiring look stock, double check all wiring, etc. :)

I'm hoping to install my alarm this weekend as well...I have a fairly basic Autopage unit though. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coomer said:
Keep in mind that the alarm is only as good as the install. Just make sure you take your time to hide everything, make wiring look stock, double check all wiring, etc. :)

I'm hoping to install my alarm this weekend as well...I have a fairly basic Autopage unit though. :)
That's an excellent point. I think that I might be pulling the interior (seats, carpet, etc.) to simplify the overall work of running wires everywhere. We shall see. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.