Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

Is this a good CAI?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Cesardrgn 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
No question, you will have to make the hole larger. :smile: D
ps, I have an 02 like you, my write-up is in my sig if you need help.

#3 ·
Yeah I was thinking about picking that one up just to use the piping but came a cross a HS one :smile:

No matter what you do, you will have to make the hole bigger. and make sure you open it up closer to the headlight. Use a dremel with the reinforced HD disc...cuts metal like butta. ...unless you how better tools.

#7 ·
I just bought this short Intake from ebay. i will get it deliver on tuesday of next week. good friends of mine who are Audi Tech, and Infiniti Tech other. told me about this one. so If you want to wait on that i can tell you if is good or not. i was told that it will add a nice sound to the car. so i can't wait... :)

#8 ·
Just got the intake deliver few min ago. installation will be done tomorrow at around 5 pm...

#10 ·
With shipping and all just under $50 bucks. only problem is that i didn't get to install it yesterday since one of the rubber parts was too big to seal. so today i need to go to the store and find a small one to make it fit. but all let you know how it all goes once i get it done, also how hard/easy is to do the installation on the P11...

#11 ·
Hey I made it to a sig!!!

anyway, WAI/short rams are EASY. Just need to unbolt your stock airbox and loosen up the hose clamps...you'll see how everything fits. ...just becareful with the MAF. ...dont want to damage any of it cause that shit is kinda pricey if you mess it up

#12 ·
Well, there is a problem. first was the rubber part, it was too big for it. i got that fix. then after that, the holes for the MAF adapter didn't match so i had to mark and make my own. got that done. then i got everything install. so i start the car and it shuts down. there is ider air going in from a seal or the air sensor not calibrating. so i think. for now i stoped working on the car few min ago since is cold as hell right now here in IL. around 20 degress and i was working out side. so i'll work on it again tomorrow after work. so i won't be able to drive my G20 for a day. but i got to tell you that the Intake sounds really really good. just a lot of work to do... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.