Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two buddies know "stuff" about car's well I let them both drive my new (used) car too see if they thought it ran nice....Everything checked out

Cept,

Whenever I park it on a hill (any incline) and then go to back out while I apply the brake eventully (i want too say after about 3-10) the brake drops down and I feel a type of grind makes a gr gr gr sound.

My buddie says it is the ABS kicking in is this true?

Also whats a good strut bar Manufacturer for the G20's or does it matter?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Its not your ABS, that *should* only kick in during extreme breaking or when the cars senses the wheels slipping while braking.

You should get your brakes checked out. Reguardless what kind of *stuff* your friends know...

·
Registered
89 Posts
What Yhnozha said:

Nothing to do with your ABS system (lucky for you), it sounds like something much more simple (cheaper) to do do with yout handbrake!

Maybe not aproblem at all – check the functioning of your handbrake.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Handbrake

You know know that I think about it it kinda sounds and feels like Handbrake "kicking off" all the way...But would it still make the "grr grr grr" if I never used the Handbrake? I will try tommorrow, I had a Van and I shot the Brakes on that thing due to neglagence so I kinda know what bad brakes might be like, but I think it's like a wire a something....Actully I think I dont know crap cause I never had a real car before:lol:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ok...the reason why it does that is when you start the car...after the first time you move over about 2-3MPH either forward or backward, the ABS does a self-test. The pulsing you feel is a self-test and is normal.

You guys need to read the owners manual.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It makes noise because your car is about to roll down the hill. You dont have enough brake to hold the car anymore. The car wants to slide down, the brakes are doing wghatever it can to hold it. Anyway, there's nothing you can do. Just jack the handbrake a little higher. AND MAKE SURE YOU leave it in gear and turn the wheel. Else you will be like me and my friend. We both had our car rolled down the hill. He ended up in a tree. I was lucky, my wheel was turned. So my car ended up in the curb

For your friend who thinks they know about cars, you sure they don't drive Civics :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A380

Thx again everyone ecspecially A380....

<---------------Needs owners Manual or Hanes booooooks :(

Thx again

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
A380Driver said:
Ok...the reason why it does that is when you start the car...after the first time you move over about 2-3MPH either forward or backward, the ABS does a self-test. The pulsing you feel is a self-test and is normal.
Cool, you learn something everyday

·
Registered
807 Posts
Re: A380

Icudie said:
Thx again everyone ecspecially A380....

<---------------Needs owners Manual or Hanes booooooks :(

Thx again
Didn't your car come with one, i though all G20's did. Anyways if you don't have one then check ebay there always on there. Good luck.:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts