Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Do you mean the egr tube from the manifold to egr valve? We just bent a stainless steel tube and flared it with AN fittings. Timing has been the same on most of our builds depending on the fuel that we are using. 93oct gas with meth spray or E85 can have more.

We spent another couple hours on it tonight. We still need to wire in the wideband, fill all fluids, button up the front bumper cover, road tune it. The turbo setup and piping fits in there absolutely perfect! I'll try to add some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Progress from last night:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Egr coolers like from diesil turbo motor. Different ignition same goal. Might be able to lower temps in the head . use higher c.r. . More timing. Added with e85 and meth. Just throwing out ideas. Only downside is cleaning the cooler periodically.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Been awhile since I have had time to update this.

2 Weeks ago we had the car finished up and on the ground. I decided to take it out and work on the gasoline fueling table out of boost. I was driving around watching LTFT and STFT with a 588cc injector table and after driving 8-10 blocks I started to pull away from a 4 way stop sign and heard a big POP. It was kind of like a manual with bad syncros popping out of gear into neutral. I couldn't get it into any gears so I towed it home until we had more time to look into the problem. Well we had time to deal with it this Sunday and even though it was raining out we put a canopy over the car and started ripping her apart. We found that the driver side short CV axle broke right at the end of the splines where the retaining C clip holds it into the transmission. I don't know if it broke and then came out or if we didn't get the axle clipped in right the first time?? Anyway we had to pull the transmission and remove the bell house so we could get the chunk of axle out and clean it out really good. After 7 hours of work we are back to the tuning stage!!

http://photos.computekinc.us/i.ashx?&mid=103419489&mt=Photo&standardsize=608x1080

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
All I can do now is laugh at all of the problems this car can throw at us, it's really getting ridiculous. James drove the car over to my place so we could get it road tuned and while we were locking in the timing white smoke started rolling out of the tail pipe.... Long story short when we pulled plug #2 steam started rolling out so we knew we had to tear the car back apart. While we spent about 3 hours tearing the whole top end of the motor down James removed the compressor to intercooler pipe and oil gushed out of it.... So the brand new Evo X turbo CHRA cold side oil seal was bad. Anyway we are pretty sure the head had a small crack because flatness is within spec and the VET gasket was perfect. Lucky we had another spare RR engine sitting in the shop so James cleaned the head up and it's ready to go back on this weekend. I had another CHRA shipped in so we could get it back together this weekend to see what else the car can throw at us.

We usually get our builder engines from the local PNP yard on 1/2 off day for $130 so I guess we were bound to get a dud sometime :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Still working out the little kinks but it is base tuned on 12psi now. Good news is that the "B" transmission acts exactly the same in the 99'. So anyone with a 99' wanting to rebuild a transmission with a shift kit can jump right into a RE4F03B with only making a crossover harness so it plugs in directly. Since A transmissions are junk and hard to find this is a pretty big deal. We had the oil light come on while tuning and scare us pretty good, lucky for us it looks like the sending unit from the roller rocker looks to be turning on about 17 psi of oil pressure and should be less than that. We are swapping it out and looking into the lifters since they are a little too noisy.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts