Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

JDM conversion?

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  trbobrk 
#1 ·
I'm looking into doing a JDM conversion. To start off I'd need a nissan p10 grille, nissan primera badging, and a new steering wheel. i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction

#2 ·
Here is a list of all the things you need to replace. + is what I have done so far.

+Rear Emblems
+Grill
+Mirrors
+Corner Lamps
+Side Markers
+2.0 Sticker for above Sidemarkers
Wheel Caps
Rear Window
Steering Wheel
Floormats
Front Bumper
Side Skirts

I think I am forgetting something... Look at my website I have a bunch of pictures of my car.

http://myhome.spu.edu/coling/
http://myhome.spu.edu/coling/trbobrkpics.html <- directly to the picutres

If you want 2.0 stickers I am selling them here. 2 for $4 is a lot cheaper than $25 bucks a piece from NZ. I have about 10 left which I expect will be gone in a week or two. So hurry if you want it.

Rear Nissan Emblem you can get at dealer, same as 91-92 Sentra.

I've heard that the wheel caps from a 95~98 200SX SE-R fit but I'm not sure yet. I deal with that next month.

A replacement rear window would cost a lot. You problably could scrape the logo off from the inside and reapaint it black. I'm just putting a sticker on top.

Bumpers, side skirts, very expensive to ship from NZ. Ninjacar was thinking about making these.

People sell a lot of stuff on eBay. Or you could ask the people in NZ to ship it to you which would probably be cheaper.

#10 ·
steering wheel

Well, I found out what the steering wheel looks like. They only come in black and grey with the nissan emblem in the middle and they don't have cruise control. I'm consindering buying one but I want to know what you guys think I could do with the cruise control.

#11 ·
Does anyone here have JDM folding mirrors on their P10. Ive been temped to buy those bad boys for a while but I want to see if anyone else has them allready. I've probally watched about 5 pair of them sell on ebay allready so I know at least 5 people out here have them. I noticed that the factory switch won't fit right bieng that their dash is on the opposite side of ours. I'd buy some floor mats too but same problem.

#14 ·
When I was asking if anyone had the mirrors I was hoping maybe some one who's reading might pop up and say "hey I got them".
But your right about the switch I spoke/wrote too soon. The switch is a square so your right it "should" fit. But I'm pretty sure that the mats won't unless you put them on the opossite side and flip them over. Just curious are you going for that Castrol JTCC Primera look with the contrasting red? too bad you ride isn't pearl green allready like mine hehehehe.

#16 ·
That would look tight if you when you're all done. My friends P10, which used to be in the old readers rides had that touring look with the calsonic vinyll and all but he took it off. I just saw a Focus rally car on the street last week, I think they build them in OC, and that thing was nice even though every square inch had a decal.

#20 ·
okay, who was it that was interested in the jdm mirrors?? ill get rid of mine if youw ant to purchase them, i have the switch the harness, the two mirrors, and the inside part that covers the mirrors by the window. all pieces in tact, lemme know.. and theyre already red/burgandy.. if you want your car to look funny=).. hehe, i still dont get the red mirrors on a tan/champagne car.. wouldnt you wanna paint them not matching at the end of your project, rather than at the beginning, cartoonish if you ask me.. btw, does anyone have an extra hyper-rev catalog they want to get rid of, i hear theres cooler looking mirrors in there,

one love

ez
babir

revolt-minus

#22 ·
Hey tekzilla I was the one interested in the mirrors. I don't care about the color I'll be painting them myself but I got some questions about them:

How fast do the fold?

When closed if someone were to yank on them out will they break?

Is there a mirror adjusting problem like others were mentioning?

How much did Katcho sell them to you? (if I'm correct :p )

and whats so bad about them that you want to get rid of them?

you can just email me this if you like... but I don't think anyone has posted much info of these JDM mirrors here.

#23 ·
P10 WRC said:
what about the jdm tach, it is not is miles per hour is it? you should change that also
mmm... I didn't think of that. I don't think I'll get them though, I want white face/red numbers from MMR.

G-DSTNY said:
How fast do they fold?
1~2 Seconds I'll go time it. Or better yet, I'll put up some video.

G-DSTNY said:
If someone were to yank them out, will they break?
I don't think so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.