Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed people talking about a the JDM engines here in the US. Could people give me more info on them. Besides there a higher compression engine. How many horses does it put out. Where can I find one. How much does it cost.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I got mine form SR20DEvelopment.com, it was $490 shipped. Its supposed to be 150hp, but i have also heard that, that is the piston speed so it really has 150ps which is like the european way of rating motors, also i have heard the only reason why these are better is because of the tubalar manifold and that the higher compression is really only good for like 2-3 horsepower, but i know it made a hell of a difference with my car, but thats just me.=)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Blue93G20 said:
I got mine form SR20DEvelopment.com, it was $490 shipped. Its supposed to be 150hp, but i have also heard that, that is the piston speed so it really has 150ps which is like the european way of rating motors, also i have heard the only reason why these are better is because of the tubalar manifold and that the higher compression is really only good for like 2-3 horsepower, but i know it made a hell of a difference with my car, but thats just me.=)
Yeah, the half point of compression really doesn't amount to a whole lot of extra hp, just a peppier feel/better throttle response. Also, the cams may be slightly different from your other car, that'd make it feel faster too. Also, how many miles did your old motor have? if you purchased a newer, better condition motor that'd help too.
I know my older 94 didn't feel nearly as strong as my current G20. Even with the same miles, this motor just seems to pull better (even compared to other SR20 cars).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Blue93G20 said:

Piston speed? What monkey told you that?

ps = pferdstarke and is German for horsepower. It is measured slightly differently and 150ps = approx 146-147hp.

The higher compression is probably good for only about 2 hp.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this engine new or is it used? That's sounds like a good mod, expect for the work of the swap. 10 hp for $500. Does a hotshot cold air intake, hotshot header, JWT ecu, JWT cams fit into that engine. Because i have all those mods and was wondering if they'll swap right in like my stock engine.

·
Registered
807 Posts
To answer all your questions in one word, YES. All your mods will swap right over and work perfectly. Shit if you have cams make sure to sell your JDM ones cause you can make about 80 dollars or so each.

AS for Piston Speed, i picked that up off another forum from like you said, some monkey.:monkey:

My old motor had 101,000 on it so this one is quite a bit better.

Another question, where do i look on our motors to find out the year of manufacture. I know on hondas it's like right below the vavle cover. It might be on ours too, i just haven't checked. Anyone know where abouts its located?:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts