Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
♥
3,947 Posts
interested in the rear fog, could you supply me a bit of information. do you turn it on with its own switch? what is this used for in japan, better view of the rear at night? thnx

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
many european cars such as volvos and bimmers and mercs have these here in the states, built straight into the taillights(when u randomly see parts of taillights brighter than the rest you know someone has it on)

also the mini has it in the middle at the bottom of the rear bumper, just a lonely little red light.

its used so people see your ass better in fog.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Yes they are to make you more visible from behind in thick fog.

Here's some info on the use of fog lights here in the UK...

The law, as presented by The Highway Code, states that front and rear fog lights must not be used unless visibility is seriously reduced - which generally means when you cannot see further than 100 metres (328 feet) - and that they must be switched off once the visibility improves.

Using rear fog lights when visibility is greater than 100 metres can mask the brake lights and dazzle those drivers following, thus increasing the risk of a rear-end collision rather than reducing it.

Front fog lights should only be used where visibility is seriously reduced and should be adjusted so as not to cause undue dazzle or discomfort to other road users. The inappropriate use is dangerous as it can affect the oncoming driver's ability to see cyclists, pedestrians, and also the road.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info Mark, I appreciate it. I was unable to see this until today. The Raybrig kit is intended for use on any vehicle and does have it's own switch and wire, etc. The switch is in the pics - black in color with the Raybrig name on it. I will have more JDM items as I get settled back in here. I have a nice Nari steering wheel going up at 7:15pm PST.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.