Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat would i need to do to get this swap working? im pretty sure the ecu wont work, which is gonna be a major hassle :-\ . and wat about the low port and high port issue since all jdm motors are high port. and to my knowledge, i could just disconnect the egr stuff rite?

any info would help. i wanna get a non roller rocker engine and build it up from there.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The first DET swap into a B15 was not that hard at all, so a DE swap should be even easier. As for the ECU, just use the whole harness from the JDM engine. Disconnect the few sensors that do not go from the ECU to the engine (AIT, O2 sensors, a couple others), remove the ECU, drop the engine w/harness attached. Install the JDM engine with it's harness attached and intact, lift it into place, reconnect the ECU, and you'll be mostly done.

You'll also need the MAF sensor and old-style O2 sensors, but it'll work. You should also get a header, even a Pacesetter $160 model will do. Just junk the US emissions system altogether except for the main cat, and you'll be fine (unless you live in CA or NY ;)). Since you do live in CA, this is just generally a bad idea. There are too many things to do. You can get 145 WHP from a roller engine, by the way, so it's not like they're dogs, it just takes a little more time.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CowboyDren said:
The first DET swap into a B15 was not that hard at all, so a DE swap should be even easier. As for the ECU, just use the whole harness from the JDM engine. Disconnect the few sensors that do not go from the ECU to the engine (AIT, O2 sensors, a couple others), remove the ECU, drop the engine w/harness attached. Install the JDM engine with it's harness attached and intact, lift it into place, reconnect the ECU, and you'll be mostly done.

You'll also need the MAF sensor and old-style O2 sensors, but it'll work. You should also get a header, even a Pacesetter $160 model will do. Just junk the US emissions system altogether except for the main cat, and you'll be fine (unless you live in CA or NY ;)). Since you do live in CA, this is just generally a bad idea. There are too many things to do. You can get 145 WHP from a roller engine, by the way, so it's not like they're dogs, it just takes a little more time.

thanks man, i kinda figured it was gonna be similiar to the DET swap. i just wanted to keep my original motor so just in case i can fall back on it. im not saying its bad or anything just a incase thing ;) and i know ways around the smog issue :)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Slickkedar said:
Would what you say work for a VE?
If you have to ask this question, you don't know enough about VE engines to be considering it.

The short answer is that there is virtually no external difference between a VE and a low-port DE, except for a couple of pigtails that go to a couple of solenoids on the head. Virtually identical proceedures to doing a DET install; keep the harness on-engine, and you'll be golden.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to be so rude. I'm all about increasing knowledge, even for the sake of increasing knowledge. Share the wealth, fling some FUD! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts