Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok in one year the warrenty on my car goes an i dont feal like keeping it stock so what should i go for?? the JDM or DET

what does the JDM engine have to offer an how much is it?

I know a few things about DET but which ones cheaper an more effective??

thanks

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can get more out of a DET. I personally would go for the DET because I think it's alot easier to get parts for and I think it has more potential. The JDM sr20de I think is a higher compression engine then stock that's why it put out more hp. But since it's higher compression it's harder to turbo. But if you want to stay Normally Aspired then I'd say go with the sr20ve, if you can find one. I think the sr20ve puts out more hp the the JMD sr20de. That's because the VE has an even higher compression then the JMD sr20de. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Like I said I personally would go with the DET because it has more parts and there's alot more people(easier to find in the US) that know what there doing when it comes to the DET. As opposed to the sr20ve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The JDM SR20DE can come in a variety of forms, I've even seen one that had throttle body injection and appeared to be used in some kind of truck.

The basic JDM SR20de is very similar to the one you'll find in North America, they often do make a little more power, I know the one I put in my G20 felt stronger.

There is also a sr20de found in the Primera that offers higher compression and makes about 150hp, it also has a nicer exhaust header.

The SR20det is the turbo engine, it has lower compression than any of the SR20de's. The turbo is engine is very nice, puts out about 210hp.

The SR20ve is hard to find, and very pricey. It is the variable valve version of the Sr20 series and makes about 190hp.

In terms of cost the SR20de is cheapest and can be found for around $500, the SR20DET can be found for around $1500-2500, and the SR20ve I have no idea.

Which is best, it depends on what you want, the JDM Sr20de is identical in most respects to the North American motor, thus it is the easiest to find parts for. The basis mechanicals of the SR20det are also very similar to the Sr20de, although it has a bunch of additional hardware for the turbo. The toughest one to get serviced in North America will be the SR20Ve, it is a very different beast.

Hope that helps, everyone feel free to correct my mistakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts