Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
How's the JDM SR20DE, that has a little extra power right?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love it! yeah I think it does, It has more power than my old one, but also alot less miles.

·
Registered
251 Posts
93InfG20 said:
I love it! yeah I think it does, It has more power than my old one, but also alot less miles.
A lot less mile is a good thing, feels like a new car too huh? And how much did it cost you

·
Registered
807 Posts
93InfG20 said:
$775 + labor
Yeah that labor thing is a bitch, i payed $490 shipped for the motor and did it myself, i mean if you have the time its worth it plus i enjoyed the experience. Congrads.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I was wondering, does anyone know how much hp the jdm sr20de comes with? thanks peace

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yeah turboing the JDM or the sr20ve(also high compression) would be very hard. If you want to stay Normally Aspired then go with the Sr20ve or the JDM, but don't try and turbo those engine's. That would take a long time and be a big hassle to mess around with. I think the sr20ve puts out about 190 HP at the flywheel. Which is pretty sweet compared to the DE(140HP). I don't know if the JDM is that much more power though but definitly(SP?) an increase though.

·
Registered
807 Posts
fatboyz921 said:
Yeah turboing the JDM or the sr20ve(also high compression) would be very hard. If you want to stay Normally Aspired then go with the Sr20ve or the JDM, but don't try and turbo those engine's. That would take a long time and be a big hassle to mess around with. I think the sr20ve puts out about 190 HP at the flywheel. Which is pretty sweet compared to the DE(140HP). I don't know if the JDM is that much more power though but definitly(SP?) an increase though.
It wouldn't be that hard to turbo a JDM SR20DE all you would have to buy is lower compression pistons which is something i would want to do anyways since i'd want to built it from the block up....just my .02 :cool:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Am i hearing this right? That motor is 500 dollars and then you add labor too?????

·
Registered
139 Posts
Drop it in yourself and you won't have to worry about labor costs. You save plenty of money unless you are especially clumsy and spend a fortune on band-aids.=)

·
Registered
807 Posts
When i did mine it was back up in running in three days, Not bad for having to go to work and being set back four hours because i ended up with the wrong throwout bearing. It was fun as hell to do to though, i loved the experience...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts