Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
hmm...

I'm skeptical. They can't even spell Infiniti right half the time on their website. I hope the same guy writing the html for their website isn't the same guy writing code for the ECU. JWT only does Nissan/Infiniti ECU's, so I would have more confidence in them.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
There was a writeup with Dyno runs on the JET ECU. It showed the SR20DE lost power when it was installed. Damn! I can not remember where that was. The guy was going to put his stock ECU back in and test it again. Then put the JET in again for back to back runs

I have not heard much good about the JET ECU for the SR20's.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i have emailed jet three times asking about their chips for the g, and have gotten no reply. i must say that i have one in my jeep, and a friend has one in his gmc truck, and we both noticed a pretty good gain in power. here is the email:

I own an Infiniti G20, and have been interested in increasing the horsepower by purchasing your chip. So, I have done some research and found some interesting things I would like to ask about.

I am a member of the se-r list, which is a nissan sr20de mailing list, and there have been very negative comments about your product. I found in the archives a message stating, "I would avoid the jet chips at all cost. We read a jet chip and found it to be exactly the same as stock. Not one bit of code changed!" I also found, "I just spoke with Adam at Stillen concerning the JET ECU. At Stillen they have some very serious concerns about the JET Chip for the SE-R. Apparently what Stillen is observing is the JET ECU performs exactly, yes exactly, I mean precisely, no difference, not a cent, none, zero variance from the Stock system. Here is what I think: I don't think this is an accident Stillen has observed no difference. The JET system is just snake oil or worse. I think it is a re-badged stock part. Probably why they don't have a core change is because they just put a few
fake chips in and put a JET Sticker on a IC or two. Maybe the put in the dynamic odor sensing technology to it. Bottomline: Caveat Emptor. Consider yourself warned that I believe the JET ECU to be of NO value to HP or anything even remotely related to performance for the SE-R."

Just to let you know, I am a customer of yours. I have a module and thermostat for my 1993 Jeep Wrangler, and have noticed an increase in power. Please let me know your feelings on these comments. Thank you very much.

Steve Benes

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
As has been posted, indeed JET is a complete and total rip-off. They change nothing in the ECU

Don't waste your money.

Or if you feel compelled to, just send it to me. Hell, I'll even put your name on the side of my race car as a patron. =)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
too bad jwt doesn't make a carb legal chip for the p11

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
seneb said:
too bad jwt doesn't make a carb legal chip for the p11

Yep. Too bad.....

Like who the hell is ever going to know?

It takes an incredibly good Nissan tech who knows what he's looking for to know there is anything but a stock ECU in the car. They would have to be really good.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
when did JWT start making ECU's fro the p11?? (without rewiring)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
akuma810 said:
when did JWT start making ECU's fro the p11?? (without rewiring)

They didn't.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Chekmi21 said:
JWT is based in NH is it not?

Umm how much does a p11 ECU go for?

Jim Wolf Technology

212 Millar Ave.

El Cajon, Ca. 92020

sheesh... if JWT was in NH, even I would drive up there

·