Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously thinking of joining the JIC group buy, but I don't auto-cross or anything so I'm wondering if they will be overkill. I do want to improve handling (and lower my car). Also I don't want a too harsh or jiggly ride.

Before this group buy started I was reseaching the ground-controls but was put off by reports of clank-squeak problems (can't stand annoying sounds like that :( ) How bad is the sqeaking?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
morbert said:
Before this group buy started I was reseaching the ground-controls but was put off by reports of clank-squeak problems (can't stand annoying sounds like that :( ) How bad is the sqeaking?
If you install the GC's correctly you won't get any sound at all. I'm sure Kyle, Geo or Justin can fill you in on the procedure. Of course if you go and do some research now you'll make them very happy.

Do a search on the SE-R main mailing list for "ground control squeek" at www.se-r-list.org/archives and you should be able to find the solution yourself with a little poking around. :)

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Re: Re: JIC and GC questions

G-Forces said:

If you install the GC's correctly you won't get any sound at all. I'm sure Kyle, Geo or Justin can fill you in on the procedure. Of course if you go and do some research now you'll make them very happy.

Do a search on the SE-R main mailing list for "ground control squeek" at www.se-r-list.org/archives and you should be able to find the solution yourself with a little poking around. :)
DING, DING, DING, DING!! You're right on the money G-Forces..
If installed correctly, I don't see how you could get any rattles/squeeks. I haven't heard a sound from mine sinse I had a squeek right after I installed it.. (I lubed that area, it was a bushing). Sinse then.. notta. (over 2 years ago).

If you'd like some suggestions on install, let me know, or as Jason suggested, you could search the archives.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool...thanks
I didn't even think to check the SER List...duh :confused:

·
Registered
271 Posts
The link does not work anymore...any of you guys remember what to do so any noises could be avoided??

·
Registered
774 Posts
I dont really see how anyone can install GC's incorrectly, I mean our suspension setup is not exactly brain surgery. What really matters is having all the right parts not to mention the right spring rates, length of spring and diameter of spring cause after all those will be the deciding factors whether your ride will be as smooth or very close to JIC's or a very harsh ride and maybe even bouncy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
so anyone with experience in ride quality between the JiC and the GC/AGX setups?? harsher or about the same?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
You can install the GC's incorrectly (well, sorta) It's all about how you secure the threaded collar to the strut/shock. I had Ground control assemble mine as it was through the first P10 group buy (thanks Kyle!) and assembly and grinding the agx's little collar was included in the price. I believe they normally use O-rings to space the collar. Other ways will include duct tape and silicone, IIRC. Searching the SE-R list is the best place, i know it's been discussed there before.

I have had the GC's on two different P10's for over 3 years now and haven't had any problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Do the JIC make any noise at all when going over bumps?? I see no rubber sleeves to the pillowmounts unlike the stockers

·
Registered
880 Posts
JIC's don't make any noise. They are very nice set up. Pretty smooth ride and great handling response. The only drawback to the JIC's is that they lower your car a lot. Great for track, but not for the street.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I am led to imagine britcg20 is talking about my car,could be wrong.But jic's do not make a sound at all an the handling an ride with them is not for the average ethusiast.If your comparing ground control to jic magic,then obviously ground control is your best bet.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JDM Primera said:
If your comparing ground control to jic magic,then obviously ground control is your best bet.
I beg to differ. :p

·
Registered
690 Posts
You can beg all you want,but it won't work on me.My friend had a 02 se maxima with ground control an it might as well be a caddilac compared to my jic's

·
Registered
271 Posts
g20 sport 2002: how did you solve it?

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
JDM Primera said:
You can beg all you want,but it won't work on me.My friend had a 02 se maxima with ground control an it might as well be a caddilac compared to my jic's

I'm curious about this comment. So are they just harsh? Do you feel every lilttle bump?

How much did they lower your car?

Are they adjustable at all (other than ride height)?

Do you have some pics of your car with the JIC's on it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
G20-Budo said:

I'm curious about this comment. So are they just harsh? Do you feel every lilttle bump?

How much did they lower your car?

Are they adjustable at all (other than ride height)?

Do you have some pics of your car with the JIC's on it?

Thanks.

JICs are not harsh when you are talking about performance. They drop you low, and are fairly stiff, so yea, you feel alot of the road. You really have to make the decision before hand, handling or smooth luxury ride. The G20 stock rides pretty nice and handles pretty nice, so naturally if you lower it and want better handling, its going to be harsher.
I have the SA-1s and they are 5 way dampening adjustable. At the softest setting, it is pretty nice (compared to the stiffest setting:p ) I dont know how much it lowered it, but lets just say, if you dont want tucked wheels, then dont get them. At the highest setting (without pre-loading the springs) about 1/8 inch of the tire will drop behind the fender in the front. The rears sit higher for some reason. If you want to see some pics, check out my site under my ride. All the pics with the superleggras on them also have the JICs installed.
;)

BTW:
The pics of my car on my site are with the springs pre-loaded so it would sit at the maximum ride height. I hadnt rolled the fenders yet, so it would rub like crazy on bumps. This was because of the offset of my rims though. I dont think you would have that problem with the stock wheels or most other aftermarket rims...
You can also see how low they sit (at maximum height w/o pre-loading) on my atavar...:surprised :whistle:

·
Registered
690 Posts
My friend with the maxima on gc seem to just float everywhere an always bottem'd out.Heres my p10 on jics,I could go lower but the perch would hit my rear tire...(An I suggest the owner of g20.net to get rid of this pic linkin crap so we can put pics up like most boards!)...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts