Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have Eibach Pro-kits right now with the stock struts/shocks, and I'm pretty sure they are blown because my ride quality is pretty crappy. I was thinking for awhile to just get new struts/shocks, but I am now planning on getting 18's, and I want that almost tucked look, and better handling. I also like the fact that you can adjust for street and track use. So now to my question....
Which is better, JIC or Tein?
Is one stiffer than the other, or have better dampening??
It's quite a price difference, and i dont go to the track that often.
any input from anyone for either would be great (testimonials, etc...:)
Thanks,

JP

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
From what I hear the JIC's will be stiffer. The TEINS are a nice street setup but on the track or auto-x they are marginal at best. You could try and wait for the TEIN SS kit that is coming out. I don't know if they'll make one for the G20 but I was under the impression that they were. It really depends on what you want to afford.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It really depends on what you want to afford.
Dammit, isn't that what it always comes down to...

If Tein SS comes out for P11, it probably won't be available for P10 will it? :-\ I guess I'll be stuck getting Ground Controls or something...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So are the Teins similar to the setup i have already in terms of ride? Im guessing they wouldnt be as bouncy (I hope, or this is all a waste) but are they firmer. I guess what Im looking for is if someone had a similar setup as I do now, and then replaced it all with coilovers.:crosseyed

thanks

JP

P.s. What do you have right now Jason? Thanks for your help.=)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
freaktroll said:
So are the Teins similar to the setup i have already in terms of ride?
You mean like Eibachs and blown shocks? Not even close. :p The Teins are actually pretty damn good. Just once you start driving near 9/10th they start to fall apart. I don't mean the literally fall apart, but they don't work as well.

P.s. What do you have right now Jason? Thanks for your help.=)
Used to have TEIN NA's but I sold them to Cue-ball. I'm saving up for JIC SF-1. I like to take my car to the track and auto-x it and the TEIN's were just not cutting it. I loved them on the street however. Also the B&G coilovers are really nice on the street too and give it a good almost tuck lowering. I'd say they are a bit softer than the TEIN NA's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts