Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard alot in this forum about the TEIN's (na's), but not a whole lot about the JIC. Specifically, I was looking at comparing the JIC SA-1's with the TEIN NA's.
It freaken sucks becase both websites are in japanese or roughly translated, so are not too descriptive. So here are my questions....
I am pretty sure they are BOTH adjustable in ride height and stiffness... is this true?
They are both "street performance" coilovers, but is one more performance oriented than the other (i have heard that the JICs are, but what makes them better? More adjustments, better parts???:crosseyed

If anyone has the teins or jics, please let me know what you think. I am mostly a "street performace" driver, but I occasionally go to the track. I also want to get that "tucked look" with my 18"s.:monkey:

·
Registered
520 Posts
I own Teins and they are a good suspension. JIC magic's are performance oriented. Tein's are cosmetic oriented. JIC's are gonna be alot easier to adjust. You basically have to take the spring and strut out to adjust the height on the Tein's. I would say that your best bet is to go with the JIC's. JIC's also are gonna be about $500 more than the Teins. I have 18's and you can only put one of your fingers above the tire on the 2nd to lowest setting(of 3). I don't know the Tein SF1's should be coming out soon but I can't put a date on it. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking to one of the guys from JIC at the 240sx national meet the other weekend, and he said that they probably wont come out with anything else for the P11. He said that the only ones they are going to offer for the P11 is the SF-1 and the SA-1 which are very similar (SF-1 is a fixed rate, the SA-1 is adjustable) He did say that they could build something custom for me if i wanted more performance, but whatever, i dont want to pay the price. I'm pretty sure the SA-1 and the SF-1 are out already though.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
well one diff i think the teins go up to 1.7 drop and jic goes all the way to 3' drop and i know jic has springs for p11 and coilover setup the coilover is the one that drops 3' completely slammed

the jic is a bit stiffer and from what iv've read over and over the teins are kind of bouncy
good luck i'm sure someone else will elaborate
casual

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
The TEINS are not bouncy. They are undersprung but not bouncy. I think a lot of people get confused with bouncy and stiff when they lower their cars. You'll know a bouncy suspension when you see or ride in it. It's like riding on a pogo stick. With a stiffer suspension you will follow the bumps in the road more but that's not bouncy, that's stiff.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Another thing you have to consider is that JIC comes with pillow ball upper mounts and Teins don't. The pillow ball mounts alone are abit over $200. Also aren't the Teins 3 way perch height adjustable and the JIC are only spring height adjustable and not ride height adjustable. If the spring height is lowered too much then there is pretty much no suspension travel/throw no? Would be riding on nothing but shocks and no springs....so you must think carefully when you mess with these adjustments...if it was ride height adjustable then the suspension travel stays the same but still lowers the car.

We also got to remember that JIC and TEIN make alot of other suspension setups that are for different driving conditions/style....Some say the Tein NA are too soft but Tein has got some other awesome suspensions that might actually top JIC's best suspension but its just not available here in the states. That really blows. I think JIC has an advantage at looking very shiny and pretty while handling well.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im pretty sure the SA-1's are both ride and spring adjustable.. can anyone confirm this?
I was also looking into the FLA-2, but I really dont know if there is much of a difference, besides having a thicker piston.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JIC SF/A-1 shocks from what I can see are shortened quite a bit. I'm guessing you could get 2" of lowering easily and still have a pretty good amount of suspension travel.

To me spring height and ride height are the same thing. The spring is what the car rides on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would consider ride height and spring height the same thing. The JICs are shortened ~1 inch. That makes up for a lot of lost suspension travel due to lowering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts