Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
shenanigans
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a while ago I swapped in the DET and I made the mistake of not upgrading my clutch for the added torque and HP of the DET. Sure enough, it started slipping after a couple weeks and it was time to pull stuff apart again. I researched High and Low and I decided on the JWT Single metal side Clutch kit. If you get the single metal sided kit (has to be used over the double metal sided if you are not upgrading your flywheel) it comes with the pressure plate and the clutch plate itself. You have to go to Nissan dealer and order an OEM throwout bearing on your own. What the heck is metal sided you say? Well a good visualization would be similar to a pucked clutch. One side of the JWT disk has a Kevlar pad that is just like any other clutch that faces the flywheel. However the other side of the disk actually has 8 “metal” pucks glued to it that are distributed around the face. They are not actually a solid piece of metal, but a composite that is similar to a brake pad. This side goes towards the Pressure plate. So in essence it is half way between a solid disk, and a 8 puck clutch. It’s the best of both worlds. You get smooth engagement, while having the hold of a pucked clutch. So far I have had it in for about 3-4 months and have put on about 6000 miles. It holds very well and I couldn’t be happier for the price. The clutch pedal is a little bit stiffer than stock, but not by a tremendous amount. Moral of the story, It’s a great buy and its holding my 280hp lead foot at the track like a champ.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Great review. Good to have that information for future plans! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I have this clutch disc, and a ACT HD pressure plate in my P11.

My P11 is bone stock, nothing to it besides advanced timing and stiff motor mounts.

It took a lil getting used to at first cause you kind of have to rev it up a lil then let out the clutch. You can't really 'baby the clutch out' like you did with the stock OEM P11 clutch. This thing grabs so when it does your RPMS will drop about 500-900rpm.
But other then that it's a great clutch. Great for daily driving and even good in stop and go traffic........for 3hrs trying to get to a concert during the summer.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
280 USD to hold 280 hp: sounds perfect. Good info.

·
shenanigans
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well now things are calming down and I have time to give a little update.

I have turned the G into a track only car since I wrote this initial review, and have now had a full season on the clutch.

After pounding on it non stop it has not shown any signs of extreme wear or breakage.

I have since felt the pedals of some other competition clutches for this car and I have to say the JWT is the least stiff.. Which is really nice on your leg after clutching, sweating, and taking Gforces for what feels like hours at the track.

A+ parts from JWT.

·
Registered
844 Posts
i've been there but there wasn't a price for it.... So i decided to call from work and they quoted me at $303plus shipping for the organic one usd ....

and 399usd plus shipping for the "Metal" one... Like WTF this isn't looking good for my suspension plans...

anyone have some feedback on the organic version of this?

·
I ♥ Zac Efron!
1,877 Posts
well now things are calming down and I have time to give a little update.

I have turned the G into a track only car since I wrote this initial review, and have now had a full season on the clutch.

After pounding on it non stop it has not shown any signs of extreme wear or breakage.

I have since felt the pedals of some other competition clutches for this car and I have to say the JWT is the least stiff.. Which is really nice on your leg after clutching, sweating, and taking Gforces for what feels like hours at the track.

A+ parts from JWT.
thats all i needed to hear. picking up one of these this week. thanks man!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts