Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering if you guys think $300 is a good price for 3 w3 jl audio subs with a custom box. this equipment will be used and i want to know the specs of these subs and your opinions on them. also is it advisable to buy them used because i dont know if they were abused by the previous owner. i just want some information on these subs and if you guys think i should get them considering their low price. thanx

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
those subs fuckin ripp!

If they are 12's thats a ok deal, 10's its ok

Im not sure about the currency conversion

·
Registered
411 Posts
CleanG20t said:
im wondering if you guys think $300 is a good price for 3 w3 jl audio subs with a custom box. this equipment will be used and i want to know the specs of these subs and your opinions on them. also is it advisable to buy them used because i dont know if they were abused by the previous owner. i just want some information on these subs and if you guys think i should get them considering their low price. thanx
to get the specs, www.jlaudio.com is a good place to start. if u dont no how the subs were used, u got a 50/50 chance;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm assuming they are 10's. New 12's run about $180-200 a pop. W3's are great subs. I have 2 12's and they hit harder than Barry Bonds. If they weren't abused, I'd jump on it.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
I got 1 W3 and the thing is tight! i got it for about 170 because it was an open boxed item, but new ones are usually around $200. if you can listen to them before you pay for them, then that should make up your mind.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
whats so special about those v2 subs?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys im thinking of just not buying the 3 10w3 subs for $300 and instead just buying a single brand new 12w3. my only question now are the ohms. i have the option of buying 2, 4, 6, or 8 ohm subs...which ones should i get. since im not too audio inclined id like to know what ohms are also. what should i do? a new 12w3 or 3 used 10w3's? im torn between the two!

note: oh yea the guy selling me the used [possibly abused] 10w3 subs brought the price down from 300 to 250. these are for 3 subs.

·
Registered
411 Posts
ohms is the amount of resistence. the greater the number, the more resistence it has. for examle, a amp might put out 100 watts at 8ohms, 200 at 4, 400 at 2, 800 at 1. so consquently u get a more powerful amp if u run at lower ohms. if u run at low ohms, u have to make sure ur amp is stable at that number of ohms. amps will say somethen like 2 ohm stable. that means u can run the amp at 2 ohms w/ no worry of burnen it out.

i would get the 4 ohm. it has the most options. u can run it at 4 ohms our 2 ohms if it is dvc(dual voice coil) which i think it is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, thanx that helped! i was thinking the same thing since alot of people on this board have 4 ohm subs...cant go wrong when everyones doin it! lol

:)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
i'm running 2 jl 12w3d2 - the ones with the dual 2 ohm voice coils and an mtx 2300x all in 2 ohm, sounds pretty good, i just wish my damn seats would fold down...:angry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts