Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me if there is something just as good or better that JL that I can use up front(6.5 component) and in my rear deck(6.5) in my 99 G20T. I'm looking for something a little cheapier without loosing too much quality. Also maybe a suggestion on a good amp to power the speakers as well. Thanks.

Hope to be going out later today to pick up something.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Focal is tops then followed by MB Quartz

·
Registered
138 Posts
how much are we talking about???

focal polyglass or polykevlar's
mb quart reference, reference pro or premium's
cdt audio cambria's
image dynamic's chameleon's
diamond audio hex's
crystal cpe's
a/d/s 2 or 3 series
rainbow sound or contour line
illusion 6.1's
oz audio matrix's
dei studio's

take your pick lol :)

i'd take any of these over some jl comps, the jl comps have sh*tty x-over and tweets, this is just my opinion...i'm sure someone else will object...but rememeber that sound is subjective, buy what you like, not what someone else likes. good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm starting to lean towards the MB Quarts. How do these compare pricewise with the JL's. What's a good amp to drive the MB's?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Nismo you got good taste

The amp depends on what you wanna do and how much you wanna spend

·
Registered
138 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
Nismo you got good taste
hey thanks lol, i just wanted to list a bunch a different ones in various and reasonable price ranges....anywhere from $120 to $450...that sound (to me) much better than JL's. and to let him know of whats good out there that he may never of heard of and maybe should consider.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally Im a fan of CDT HD components, the HD63dt would be a nice and easy install. They have a very potent, yet natural mid, and the silk tweeter is heaven. I can possibly get you a good deal on em if you want, some place around $325 w/ 3yr warranty. Im actually using JL XR mids here soon due to not having room for the 6.5" mid I had to start with, keeping my tweets, and crossovers though. I will sure miss the CDT's. Also see if you can dig up Morel, or Dynaudio, both make VERY sweet car audio, along with possibly KEF.

·
Registered
138 Posts
jlguy141 said:
Personally Im a fan of CDT HD components, the HD63dt would be a nice and easy install. They have a very potent, yet natural mid, and the silk tweeter is heaven. I can possibly get you a good deal on em if you want, some place around $325 w/ 3yr warranty. Im actually using JL XR mids here soon due to not having room for the 6.5" mid I had to start with, keeping my tweets, and crossovers though. I will sure miss the CDT's. Also see if you can dig up Morel, or Dynaudio, both make VERY sweet car audio, along with possibly KEF.
ahh yes, some nice suggestions here...kinda pricy but well worth it...

here's some more good brands you might not of heard of also...

canton
audio development
magnat
helix
brax

and you can build your own set if you like using some mids and highs from...

focal
vifa
peerless
audax
scan-speak
dayton
eminence

then you make your own custom cross-overs...and...

ok maybe i getting too far ahead of myself here lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts