Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've seen the new W7s being sold on www.woofersetc.com for about 700 for a 12". Personally, I haven't heard them but NO subwoofer is worth 700. If you're looking for serious kick just get an eclipse aluminum sub...If you want more kick then get the DVC model...just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
69 Posts
well i dont know about you guys, but jl audio equipment does not cost that much ;-) look around on the web, i guarantee youll find a deal somewhere, if your looking for an spl/sq type speaker, id also check out the IDMAX 12" the 10 should eventually come out, its made by image dynamics and is one hell of a sub, as far as the eclipse alumniums go 8810.6 i assume is what you were talking about.. well when they first came out.. they sucked.. the voicecoil used to seperate from the alumnium cone under high wattage, they remedied it by molding them together, but still. you can hear a pinging noise sometime.. thats not SQ material=).. oh well.. i may end up getting a w7, but im picking up some zapco amps (finally!) so ill have the power.. its just the matter of the box, i dont want a huge 1inch mdf box holding that enormous speaker.. i wonder how heavy it would be all together, i used to never care about the weight, but now its the first thing that comes to mind.. oh well

one love
babir

i was wondering though P11, in england are focal components pricey?? how bout mb quarts or like german versions of mb quarts (The blue crossover ones)?

lemme know, maybe i can help you with the w7 or a few=)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Wow...I never heard about that from eclipse. Interesting. My bro bought 88120.4 subs and they are the best I've ever heard. They don't flutter or "ping" so I think they have some SQ into them. Although I personally wouldn't know because I've never entered a SQ/SPL competition.

I've seen the W7s for $570...You might find them slightly cheaper but who knows.

·
Registered
17 Posts
http://www.usacaraudio.com/JLSUBS.htm Sells the 12" for $575. This is the cheapest place online that I have found for JL stuff. I listened to the 13W7 at a car audio store a few weeks ago. This pushes quite a bit of sound. The one W7 was louder and clearer then my 2 12W3's. It sounded really really really incredible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts