Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 g20. All of the lights on the circuit feed shown in the service manual picture I have attached below are out. Also, the rest of the lights connected to this branch are out. The switch does work and feeds battery through it. The connectors to the bulbs are not getting battery when the switch has turned them on. I believe I have traced my lighting outage problem to this box (Joint Connector-1) or close to it. I want to probe inside this box but I can't seem to physically remove the white inserts inside the black box. It looks like the white inserts could be removed but maybe not. Can someone suggest a way to get access with a voltmeter lead in or around this box?

Food Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Number

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm eager to get my old G back out there at night also. So, I'm going to rip this black box off of it's mount and dissect it. Hopefully, these white blocks that are inside show that they are easily removable and not hardwired. If not, I'll get to cutting with my Dremel. I'll let you know what I find.

·
Registered
P11, DET/VE, Custom gt2871 setup, Custom suspension, Custom bushings, CalumRT ecu, [email protected]
83 Posts
I'm eager to get my old G back out there at night also. So, I'm going to rip this black box off of it's mount and dissect it. Hopefully, these white blocks that are inside show that they are easily removable and not hardwired. If not, I'll get to cutting with my Dremel. I'll let you know what I find.
You have the colour codes on your Diagram. Un tape the loom on the back, skin off wire a little, and voila!!

Chances are that one of you lighting downstream is short!

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured out how to dismount and open the white insert that I believe has the problem. Inside appears to be white paste saturated throughout. The paste has the look and feel of a thermal paste I used once before when mounting a heat sink on a circuit board. Since the shell of the white insert shows a burnt area, this leads me to believe that a lot of heat built up inside and maybe caused an open circuit somewhere. I just feel that this whole connection strategy was a bad wiring design. But now I might be able to probe for correct continuity at the terminals.

Product Cuisine Ingredient Foil Machine
Product Cuisine Ingredient Foil Machine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts