Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start with saying, I love my 99 g20t. It's my best car out of the 4 I've owned by far. I bought it used so it obviously has its problems, few of which I've gotten information on fixes from members of this forum.

I've got 2 issues that I haven't paid much attention to because they seem minor, but are now becoming annoying.

First, my cruise control doesn't work. Here is what I mean. While driving on the highway, I'll press the Cruise Control switch and the first thing I notice is the lights start to dim. I roll down my window because I hear a noise, and every time I turn the switch to on, I hear a faint buzzing type noise coming from my engine bay. Mind you, the cruise control never engages. So I turn it off and leave it alone.

Second, my rear passenger window - the only window in my car that does this - does not roll down whether I try to work it from the master control, or the rear window control itself. I'm afraid it might be the motor. I haven't looked at the fuse, yet, but in the event that it's not the fuse, besides the motor, is there anything special about this car that may cause that issue? I'm not sure where the fuse is located, but I am literate enough to know it's in either the hood fuse box, or underneath my steering column :) Now, can I use the cheap pack of fuses you purchase from autozone, I believe they're 20 - 25v, if I don't see any spare fuses in the fuse box, or would I have to order them for my car?

I apologize if any of my questions seem ignorant, but you guys have assisted me tremendously in the past with a couple of suspension issues that I felt compelled to see if fellow g20ers have had this issue. I'll do some research while waiting for a response. Thank you kindly folks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Another OK G20t? And here I thought I was the only one.

Not sure about the cruise issue, but the window issue is almost definitely the motor. Our window motors seem to go out a lot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha I swear I was the only one until I drove down Reno and saw a grayish one seemed to be owned by an elderly couple. The only one I've seen since! Gotta represent OK
Nice, I'll replace that motor once I get my pell. Gotta fix my two ecu codes first, then figure out what's wrong with my suspension and boom! Body work is all that's left.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is barely surviving with hail damage. Beautiful car from afar, but once I get close to see the hail dents, I cry. Hoping to get that fixed soon. Performance > looks though. Priorities and low funds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.