Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have a pic yet but I'll take one soon, but anyways me, and my brother, and my friend azn mike all went to home depot and the auto parts store and spent $60 on supplies and sat out in my driveway and made me a custom cold air intake, it runs from my MAF chamber all the way to right behind my headlight, works great I can actually feel it :-D sounds good too, and it looks pretty cool as well, its not TOO TOO ghetto, but I'll have pics soon and if anyone wants to try it I'll tell u what I did, byebye

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
cold air intake

Hi. I'm in the UK and have a 1999 primera GT. I was after a cold air intake system for it. I found a company that would make me a custom one, so what he's doing is making an alloy tube from the inlet manifold all the way down to just behind the headlight with a blitz style air filter. He is then mounting the maf electronics in the alloy tube. When it is finished it will look and sound pukka. Check out this Website www.cybercraft.co.im for custom made systems.:bandit:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whenever I scrounge up some money for a disposable cam I'll take pics and then get 1 hr development, probably today or tommorow, more likely tommorow, but then I'll give u the instructions if u like what u see

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Hey I really want to see pics of your whole car! I wana see that interior! When you get pics of CAI get pics of your whole car toO!:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
807 Posts
How would that be considered a cold air intake unless you took the headlight out. A CAI locates the filter outside the engine bay in order to get air that has not been heated by the motor and engine compartment. Possible you ran it wierd and got it down under the car or perhaps i just don't understand. I look forward to seeing pictures. =)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Blue93G20 said:
How would that be considered a cold air intake unless you took the headlight out. A CAI locates the filter outside the engine bay in order to get air that has not been heated by the motor and engine compartment. Possible you ran it wierd and got it down under the car or perhaps i just don't understand. I look forward to seeing pictures. =)
I was thinking the same thing, but I just figured that it was close to an open source...so it was CAI...lol I guess we allneed to just see the pics! :alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have u got Any Pics Yet??
Im really interested in it!!

Thankz

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
PICS!

Come on... Pics please!! We're all waiting to see the miracle Home Depot-made CAI :p ... I've know I read in one of my Super Street magazines that a couple of guys did it... they even used a soda bottle or can! :lol: Carzy I know... But I'd appreciate pics too if you can show us and hit us up with instructions!! ;)
Peace.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I aint doing the conversion now because it needed removal of the near side headlight,which in its self aint a problem,but if i did that it would of ment in the UK i could only get a daytime MOT ,which would make it illegal for me to drive the car at night.So all i have got is a ram air super ram air filter wiyh a custom maf adaptor from www.cybercraft.co.im The car now makes a lovely induction roar and has also gained a few BHP.

·
Registered
23 Posts
not that difficult

ive got a true homemade cai in my g.......its not that hard, i have 3 inch pvc it runs straight out of my throttle body down to a cuun and sealed off wheelwell..........you guys, dont get your hopes up..........the hotshot still werks better..........

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I dunno, I've always kinda looked down on "ghetto-rigged" CAIs. My friend told me how he made his own out of stuff he got from Home Depot. I mean...really; I bet he might even have a "Powered by HOME DEPOT" sticker on his Del Sol. If you're gonna do something right, do it right the first time. Get the Hotshot header.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I found a silver vent duct at home depot and ran dryer ducting right to my filter, the duct fits perfectly were the fog light should be, its the same size as the cut out and it looks clean

·
Registered
133 Posts
Man, I know I speak for everyone when I say that I can't wait to see those pics!

Jim

·
Registered
644 Posts
Okay now I have a question about this Custom Intake stuff. If you use that vent duct stuff from Home Depot in place of the original intake tubing where would the little computer sensor go?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey
I followed the Plastic Tubing from the Black Box Standard Filter and it leads to Another Black Box Thingy near the wheel Arch. What is it? What does it do?

Thankz

1 - 20 of 25 Posts