Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 94 G20t manual Wed afternoon for $2200. I've been wanting one for a long time. It belonged to one of my friends and then his little brother before I got it. He got it when we were 15 and a half and then his brother got it. I was at his little brothers work a couple of months ago and mentioned that if he ever wanted to sell it let me know and he responded that he was selling cause he got a new car for Christmas. I got me a new autocross car.

Now a couple of noob questions.

1. Anyone know the part numbers for either the Koni and Ticiko (sp?) adjustables for it?

2. Looking for increased spring rate springs that won't lower the car. Trying to stay in stock class?

3. What's the width on the stock wheels? I think I might get some Montegi Track Lites with some sticky tires for racing.

4. What's the curb weight on the t?

That's all I can think of right now but if there's anything else a noob should know, leave a comment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
pkt1213 said:
I just got my 94 G20t manual Wed afternoon for $2200. I've been wanting one for a long time. It belonged to one of my friends and then his little brother before I got it. He got it when we were 15 and a half and then his brother got it. I was at his little brothers work a couple of months ago and mentioned that if he ever wanted to sell it let me know and he responded that he was selling cause he got a new car for Christmas. I got me a new autocross car.

Now a couple of noob questions.

1. Anyone know the part numbers for either the Koni and Ticiko (sp?) adjustables for it?

2. Looking for increased spring rate springs that won't lower the car. Trying to stay in stock class?

3. What's the width on the stock wheels? I think I might get some Montegi Track Lites with some sticky tires for racing.

4. What's the curb weight on the t?

That's all I can think of right now but if there's anything else a noob should know, leave a comment.

1. Had to leave work, ran out of search time.

2. Eibach springs make every spring rate in every length for every car imaginable. you can literally say you want 120.5lbs rear right, 180lbs rear left, etc....infinite.

3. P10 tire fitments:

195/60/14 - 23.2 in. diameter (35-45 mm offset required) - ('91-'93.5 P10 & '94-'96 Touring)
195/65/14 - 24 in. diameter (35-45 mm offset required) - ('94-'96 P10 Standard)
centerbore = 66.1 mm bolt pattern = 4x114.3 mm

Wheels are 14"x6"

4. according to consumerguide.com Curb Weight = 2977lbs
according to wikipedia Curb Weight = 2535 to 2818lbs
 

·
drunken master
Joined
·
10,098 Posts
congrats and welcome. well me a ground control coil kit and kyb agx would be good for you as you can use to set to any hight you want and from what i understand they will make for the spring rates you ask. or any other coil over kit you can find.

if you have a good day to kill try to surch bit in the suspention section. given time you should find some really usefull info.
good luck and congrats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. i can't lower to stay in stock class and i can't remember if i can use adjustable coil overs. i bought my k&n before the car was even delivered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha. Thanks. I'll try to take some this weekend. I need to take some of my 4runner to go on cars.com.

It's in ok shape but I thought 2200 was still pretty good.
 

·
Used to own a P10
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
pkt1213 said:
thanks guys. i can't lower to stay in stock class and i can't remember if i can use adjustable coil overs. i bought my k&n before the car was even delivered.
According to the car classing worksheet at this site, "non-stock springs" put you out of stock class. The only suspension mods you can do are front swaybar and adjustable shocks -- anything else bumps you up to STS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm. i'll look it up in the solo rules for 07 sometime when i'm not on my phone. i could have sworn you could change springs aslong as you don't change ride height.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
pkt1213 said:
hmm. i'll look it up in the solo rules for 07 sometime when i'm not on my phone. i could have sworn you could change springs aslong as you don't change ride height.
No -- you can change shocks, like thefultonhow said, but not springs.

You can get slightly stiffer shocks, but I don't think it would make much difference.

I think differently-sized tires will also bump you out of stock class.
 

·
drunken master
Joined
·
10,098 Posts
i agree agx on stock springs. myprojectp10 does this the gx will aloww adjust of stifness. mabe pm him and ask how hiw are working. another member has done this with real positive results i cant remeber his screen name of hand but he also own a new corrvette. some one else may know who im talking about
 

·
Used to own a P10
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Bottom line is the G20 will be pretty competitive in H-stock, but once you get good at autocrossing it, it will really benefit from a bump up to STS. I am planning on bumping my car up to STS either midway through the summer, or in time for next summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It'll be a little different going back to rear wheel drive. I've done it for years but I just became proficient last year in my 944 going from front wheel drive to rear and now I am going back. I used to do pretty good in H stock in my Accord EX, I ususaly placed second. That was with H rated tires, open diff and stock suspention. I can't wait for this season to start. I'm giddy with anticipition.

I'm going to go by some scales sometime and weigh my car so I know how much it weighs. Anyways, I love my G and it's supposed to be above 40 tomorrow and I guess I'll start replacing stereo stuff. I still don't know if I am going to run my amps and sub. I don't know if the weight will be worth the trade off.
 

·
drunken master
Joined
·
10,098 Posts
i would not install subs in a car you intend to race.
i have been wanting to run auto x for quite some time. im curious engine mods effect the class you are in.
also do brake upgrades effect the class as well

i do not like the courses I see with cone set ups i would much rather do on a windy course with grass aside the road.

bassicly i have front and rer stb's jic uper links not sure they can tell but i have stock spring so given that and and flcon azenise rear tires and bfg radials on the front could i run a stock clas mabe since the suspention is not so moded.
I think i would love to start in a lower class till i gain a bit more skill.
then eventually i would like to upgrade mor ethings ndmove up in class
 

·
Used to own a P10
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Turboing your engine puts you in at least Street Modified, which is the highest mainstream class. After that you get into Prepared and Modified classes, which are for dedicated racing cars. This link I posted earlier in the thread tells you what classes certain mods put you in:

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/carclassing.html

Driving around cones might not sound fun, but it is actually a blast. It's also much less expensive than a track day. ;)
 

·
drunken master
Joined
·
10,098 Posts
the link does not work for me. well i was hopeing that i could run stock so atleast i would beat some people lol. I really can't stomach last place
 

·
Used to own a P10
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
p10det said:
the link does not work for me. well i was hopeing that i could run stock so atleast i would beat some people lol. I really can't stomach last place


You won't be in last place. There are some pretty slow cars and some pretty poor drivers there.
 

·
Used to own a P10
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
I am hoping to go autocrossing frequently this summer -- you should come along too. I am not sure what the best resource for Mid-Atlantic autocrossing is, but hopefully I can find one.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top