Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since there is a stock amp in the car from which i heard on the forum should i take it out and have it run straight to my sony mobile es cd player? do you think it will sound better?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
some cars dont come with the amplifiers. My old '91 G20 didnt, it also didnt have factory tweeters.

The rear speakers might sound crappy either cause they bass/treble levels weren't set properly or you got some crappy speakers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i know if my car as a stock amp in it

the speakers aren't crappy cause i just spent $100 dollars a pair of store credit on kenwood excelons. not my choice but best buy didn't have any other good speakers and it was store credit

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Kenwoods are :confused: but they do play music.

Amps are located in your trunk underneath the rear deck between your rear speakers. There will be 2 grey boxes approx 6"x 2"

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what does the amp look like? i have some wires that are disconnected back there i don't know what it is. is the amp a little white clear thingy. its something attached to it. i still don't know what it is. HELP!! please tell me exactly where to look i just opened the compartment and saw the antenna motor and the jack and this white clear thing is the amp further back?

HELP

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know its not between the speakers in the back because i just got speakers innstalled back there and he took out everything i didn't see anything. so either i don't one or its somewhere else

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
If you dont see the amps right next to the rears speakers looking from inside your trunk your car is not equipped with them. Trust me you cant miss them.

I too thought I had amps and searched the car thoroughly to find them in my '91 but had no luck. It was when I got my '93.5 when I noticed where the amps where located and what they look like

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so are they not near the antenna and the jack? like someone else said in the forum?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm hearing the amp is in two places. its not in between my speakers so it either is not their or its by the antenna. i asked the dude at best buy if i had an amp he said probably because the speaker grill says active speakers on it but i don't know if he knows what he is talking about so would it be where the antenna is or do i not have one. in the additional speakers link p10 wrc said that it was buy the antenna

·
Registered
53 Posts
missing amp?

if you want to find out if you have a stock amp in your infinti, just pop the trunck and look at the ceiling of the trunck...there should be a grey box ..that is the amp........

another thing: i see alot of people here saying that they have 2 amps...i can only spot one...do the 2000 infiniti g20t come with 1 amp or two. thanx,.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i have a 91 g20 and it has only 1 amp. it is located at the very back of the car behind the carpet on the side the power antenna is on. the only problem is(well least w/ me), taken it out ment i had to take out some of the carpet. the best thing is to just buy some speaker wire and run it from the head unit to the speakers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts