Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after much research on cost/quality of various short shifters, i decided to take the plunge on an ebay one.
i bought mine from a seller named turboracerx; and i've got to say, a good product + fast shipping does equal a happy customer. took about 2.5 hours to install; damn rusty bolts. the shifts are really short and very precise, no mistaking whether it's in gear or not.

will post pictures tomorrow after noon when i get home from work. o yea, it cost $55 shipped. :smile:

·
Registered
68 Posts
its the one that looks like the b&m? if so i've been eyeing it...i think they had a gb for them on sr20forum a while back and everyone seemed to be pleased. did it come with a shift knob?

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
Yahnozha said:
If you got the aluminium one, watch out, I broke mine. IF your shifting becomes difficult, like getting into third, replace it immediately.
:smile: i still remember that thread [email protected] wen't you on a vacation or heading to a track or somethign like that? Then it just snapped on ya.... that just sucked.... Becareful guys, you get what you pay for... :asian:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
dont mean to hijack, but pat you said yours was having dificult time getting into third and then snaped? well judgeing by the rest of the p11 i just baught the kid ebay'ed the hell outa it (shitty intake and shortshifter) its a bitch to get into third, but i thought it was just cause it hits the cat heatsheild.. it looks alum as well.. ill get pics sat..

ok, sorry for that hijack.. but Shasta post up which one you got, i may be looking for a new one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
allahsone said:
short sifter the stick it self is short. short throw your stick is same length but your throws are shorter.

i just installed a twm in my g20. i wish it was a short throw only. reaching down to shift with an armrest blocking your elbow sucks. i loved the skunk2 short throw in my gsr. stock knob position + shorter throws > lower knob position + shorter throws

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

that's the whole kit. i put all the washers on the passenger's side to align everything.
Yes, it's aluminum, but i'm pretty sure it was a solid piece with nothing welded together. or the welds were really fine and i'm screwed :p

nothing feels like it's gonna break right now *knock on wood*. i don't think this is a B&M knock off; just a generic short shift. i didn't want a kit with a knob, i wanted to keep the shifter looking as stock as possible, but the only thing i don't like is the height; but i guess that can be fixed with a taller shift knob, or would that lengthen the throw?

Thanks for lookin!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I installed an aftermarket Cat and the heat shield fit fine... Of course I still had to bang mine out... Actually it was Pat's banged up one...

So I guess I am confused... is my TWM not a short shifter? Here is a pic of the TWM shifted in reverse...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
By the way the Heavy shift knob is a huge improvement over the factory leather one... The only thing I would like to install is the Nissan Shift Stabilizer Bushings... That would be real cool. Other than that, this kit was well worth the 2 Benjis I spent on it.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Bishous-G said:
dont mean to hijack, but pat you said yours was having dificult time getting into third and then snaped? well judgeing by the rest of the p11 i just baught the kid ebay'ed the hell outa it (shitty intake and shortshifter) its a bitch to get into third, but i thought it was just cause it hits the cat heatsheild.. it looks alum as well.. ill get pics sat..
Yeah, my ebay SS started to make getting into 3rd very difficult on my P11. A crack developed and the shifter was flexing, causing it not to go into 3rd all the way. After a while it would sort of grind getting into third... Then I broke the shifter at the Texas SERCA convention...at that point my 3rd gear syncro was shot and had to replace my tranny. SO yeah, if its getting difficult, put a stock one back in there for now.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
ill let you know saturday, i do know i need to open it up and reput it in. as is now it hits the shifter surround when going into 1st 3rd or5th.. seems like it sits to far foward.. maybe i can just bend it back a little, or ill see if i can get my hands on a stock shifter.. (problem is car comes with the short shifter.. so i have no stock peices)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Bishous-G said:
ill let you know saturday, i do know i need to open it up and reput it in. as is now it hits the shifter surround when going into 1st 3rd or5th.. seems like it sits to far foward.. maybe i can just bend it back a little, or ill see if i can get my hands on a stock shifter.. (problem is car comes with the short shifter.. so i have no stock peices)

ohhh.... check to make sure the linkage is not upside down... My newbie a$$ put it back together that way. I asked [email protected] about it and when he looked at it, he said it was on backwards...

OOPS :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts