Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the shop manauls I bought off of eBay. They are a copy, pirated, bootleg of Mitchell on Demand. I recvd CD-rom 1 and 3 which has several different models and manufactures including Mazda, Nissan, etc.

Is this a scam? Are they able to sell copies like this?

Don't get me wrong, I thought I was getting a Infiniti FSM on CD-rom for all years. Dumb me! And I am pleased at what I actually did get for the price, but this just doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
NismoPC said:
I just installed the shop manauls I bought off of eBay. They are a copy, pirated, bootleg of Mitchell on Demand. I recvd CD-rom 1 and 3 which has several different models and manufactures including Mazda, Nissan, etc.

Is this a scam? Are they able to sell copies like this?

Don't get me wrong, I thought I was getting a Infiniti FSM on CD-rom for all years. Dumb me! And I am pleased at what I actually did get for the price, but this just doesn't seem right.
Well, some forum members may ask you for a copy of that CD-ROM so you can turn this to a money-maker. =)

That is, so long as you don't get caught.:bandit:
;)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cas8_1999 said:
so what exactly does this give you about out our cars? is it better then the fsm?
No. It's not 'better' than the FSM, but it is very similiar. The major difference with this is that it does provide TSB's and recalls on the vehicles. Atleast the known TSB's and recalls published up to the date of the data on the CD's.

There are step by step procedures on here how to do just about everything you will ever need to do on your car and there are very detailed pictures all provided from Nissan corp.

Let's just say it is a glorified Haynes manual with assistance from Nissan. Well worth it even though I got scammed and was sent copied CD's and a one page printed copy of typed instructions on how to install.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
keep in mind...

if someone reports the copywright infringement to Ebay, that seller will be gone..

I don't know if the police or whoever would go after the people who bought copies of it though..

I know that when other stolen stuff is sold on ebay, the poor slob that bought it has to give it to the police and is out some $$ but I don't know if it applies with illegal copywrighted stuff... I honestly think the seller is the only one who gets in trouble.. so I wouldn't suggest you try to sell it yourself on ebay is all..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts