Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... Speedworld definately SUCKED on Wed. Heard complaints from everyone, I just think it was the weather, I know my car wasn't pulling as hard up top, and justin was having "issues" with launching, over all it was a blast!!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Warning!!! Long post...

Yup, horrible wheephop with the first couple runs (just drive up and run, agx's at 2/3, tire pressure ~35psi, everything still in car.)
I was spinning the tires going into second (seriously, like rolling bunout spinning... :-\ ) and when i'd shift into 3rd I'd get some wheelspin/long chirp. Something was not right with the track... I was getting more wheelspin going into third than I do on the street (onramps, etc..) going into second normally. I have the ACT Street disk/hd pp setup. Oh yeah, first couple runs of the night I was at 88.6 and 88.8mph... way down from where i normally am at, like 3mph slow!!! For some reason my tires were picking up a TON of marbles on them too... like a race slick (hehe, cool).

By now it was about 9:00 and a couple SE-R's people showed up. I lowered the tire pressure after that (23-24psi), set the front agx's to 3 and pulled the spare (friend showed up who wasn't running and offered to hold it for me =) ). I launched at around 4500, massive wheelspin all the way through first, but no wheelhop!!!! :eek: Pulled a 2.5xx 60ft. oops! Try again, this time I launch at 3500, thinking the tires are still not hooking up too well. light hits, let out the clutch... massive bog... bogs to under 2k rpms, then goes. pull a 2.40x 60ft... getting better. still no wheelhop. (this was around 10:20, track closes at 10:30). I get in line for one last run, decide to launch even higher, so this time i try around 3800-4000 or so, thinking i don't want to hit 4500 again cause that was too much. Get up to the line, light hits, go, massive bog again, but this time not quite as bad... only drops to about 2K, so it's a couple hundred rpms higher, but still not good. finish the run, get my timeslip... 2.35x 60ft WITH A BOG!!! :) Tires would hook up really well, but with the lightened flywheel the revs just dropped too much :-\
Then it was time to go :*( I know if I had one or two more runs where i could have launched at like 4000-4300 or so I would have easily been able to cut a 2.2xx 60ft. But... they also mopped the starting line later in the night too (finally!) and I think that sorta helped a little bit too. I also noticed I wasn't getting the massive wheelspin once down the track too as the night went on.

Best run of the night (last one) was a 15.56 @ 90.2. Like i said, track sucked and was VERY slow, last time out there i was consistantly running between 91.5-92.0mph and that's with the old tires and crappy 60fts (2.4x-2.5x's). I think I finally figured out this damn launching thing, now if i can just make it back to a track on a good night.... :surprised

(oh yeah, timeslips are still in car, i don't have all the exact numbers here, those are just from memory, when i get them out later i'll correct anything that's off, but they should all be correct)

oh yeah... can you tell i don't have anything to do right now.. just waiting for a friend to show up. heheh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts