Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it was posible to make the JWT NOS system work on a P11 by re pinning the ECU. I have been researching the kit for a while now and seeing the B13 SE-R people run 11s with the kit makes me crave one for myself. I was also wondering what kind of shot an auto trannie can take with the JWT NOS system. My friend with a 96 Honda Accord V6 is doing 130 shot on his auto and running 13s in the 1/4 and it makes me wondering what a P11 can take.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
too bad noone else answered alot of them know more on this then i do maybe someone will drop you more info from experience

i think for optimal performance you would need to send your ecu to jwt to be re pinned if it was my car i would not run no more then 50 shot on a stock motor unless if i didnt mind changing engines in a year or two if that was the case then i would go 150 shot and go all out
the auto tranny should hold up easily to the 50 shot but might need to be recalibrated for the sudden added power .. maybe just upgrading the torque converter could give you some security

casual
Systems are available for virtually any power need from 25HP to over 500 extra HP.
True, but for the SR20DE, I am not sure if anyone has gone above a 150hp version. I have a 50hp setup and am going to a staged 100hp setup soon. This is from Jim Wolf, all ECU controlled and very reliable.
The N20 system from Jim Wolf Technology works by adding a daughter board to your ECU. There are two (or more) programs then, one for the normal JWT modded ECU and one specifically for the N20, this one takes into account changes that have to be made while running N20. This is the best way to run N20 on a daily driver and "get away with" the extra horsepower. As long as the car is tuned for N20 you shouldnt have any problems down the road, unless you are nearing or exceeding the physical limits of the engine. right now not too many people know when a SR20DE motor blows up from too much HP (boost, N20, etc) or the CV joints, the tranny. We all know the stock clutch starts to puke when you have the ECU/Exhuast/POP charger.
The JWT NOS set, I think, is $995 if you already have their ECU. You can buy the JWT ECU _and_ the upgraded program if you want to put together your own NOS kit. Something you should keep in mind is that the cheaper NOS parts are plastic. This means plastic brackets and solenoids. The JWT stuff is the "Pro" grade equipment. I can see everyones point about the price though. It is expensive, but is the best/safest way to do any amount of NOS. Once your system is installed, you want it to be something you don't have to constantly tweak. No manual timing adjustments, no pressing of buttons to release the NOS, etc.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does the JWT program add the nitrous progressively? If it does the tranny should be able to hold up to a little more.
Big nitrous shots and no progressive control make things go crunch.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
I dont know man, my friend blew his AUTO tranny with a 75 shot, he only had intake and exhaust racing against a GSR. He paid 3 grand plus for a new tranny and his valves knock now. His car is rusting away outside his house right now. Same year and color as mines.

·
Registered
354 Posts
damn he blew his engine with a 75shot of nos? what type of car was it?
fuck man i'm planning on putting a 35shot of nos in my car using that NX shit ....but i dont know now. I dont really want to pay 650 to repin my ecu.
anyone know anything about the nx nos kit? they good? they safe? is 35 realllly safe?

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
read my post again and it will answer your question

·
Registered
520 Posts
2002G20Racer said:
All I know is that if you get it done the right way and be smart about using it. You'll be OK. Domiken's homeboy either had a bootleg NO2 kit or was not using it properly. He probably need to be running a 50-60 shot instead of a 75. If you build up the engine good you should be able to beef up the shot.

·
Registered
354 Posts
sorry about that Dominik ..

what about all the car freaks out there...like g20/boogie/atomic/drifter

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
i think he is!! PS i put an air horn on my car...lol ill explain later "G20"

·
Registered
354 Posts
haha no u g20 sport... i ment to write g20..no offense

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Yeah my friend did have a fucked up set-up, but hey he got it as a birthday present. Hes rich he said that car was slow he messed around with it for a week fucked it up and now its rotting away outside. I was gonna buy it from him for 2 grand...its brand new with barely any miles just needs a new tranny, i would replace the motor. But now his giving it to his sis or something

·
Registered
520 Posts
Myinfinitig20 said:
what about all the car freaks out there...like g20/boogie/atomic/drifter
I ain't one of them but, I got a homeboy by the name of Jim Wolf that could probably shed some light on this.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
send him over

1 - 17 of 17 Posts