Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been hearing alot of good things about the JWT pop charger. My question is it seems to just a cone shaped filter that costs $110. Alot of money for a paper filter. :eh:
It would seem to be better to spend about $200 or so and get a full WAI.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
nah it also come with this thing that attches to your MAF...I forgot what it was called though...but it creates a vortec or something with the air due to its shape. something like that. yeah dont know exactly what it does but I have one and I like it. :smile:

·
Registered
605 Posts
The aluminum ring that bolts up to the maf is called a "velocity stack". I set mine up in conjunction with my CAI and there was a significant gain in torque. It's also much quieter than normal cone filters. Definitly worth the money and unlike a WAI it has hp benefits. :naughty:

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
right before I opened this I just remebered that it was called a velocity stack. I had one on my pocket bike when I fixed it up. ...pretty quick for a tiny piece of ish...my weight made it slow though but my top end kicked ass. sorry off topic. but yeah, people say that a CAI is a better choice but the pop charger does its job. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
The filter itself is like $65, it isn't paper, you can clean an re-oil it. What your paying mostly for is the big chunk of machined aluminum that is engineered, not slapped together.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
sorry, kind of off topic but is there somewhere where I can just buy the piping for a CAI set up since I have the pop charger already?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
^^^Just buy your CAI then an adapter and put the pop on the end.
I go over it in the write up in my sig.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts