Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people i was just wondering where i can go to find out information on the jwt stage 1 turbo for the g20 in which there is no intercooler but adds a good 40hp boost. You know basic information like how much it is, how reliable, how much actual gains are. thanks for time
nick

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Call them;)
just go to www.jimwolftechnology.com , their number is listed on the website.

I wouldn't hold your breath though. I've been waiting, ever since they said it would be available Oct 99':confused: Ive called them every year since then, and they usally say "by the end of summer" and then when i call them in september, they say "probably around the summer of next year...":surprised
I'll be patently awating though:cheeky:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Whooohooo!

I just realized i broke 100! Mile stone baby!

Oh yea, and also, you might want to check out SR20development because i think they are doing some joint development with JWT on the turbo.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yo freak do you know how much roughly it will cost and if it does come out eventually do you know a place that can install it for a good price. I know honda/acura tuner that says they can do it but it's a honda/acura tuner so i dont know.
thanks
anyone esle with any info on this?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
the non-intercooled setup i think added about 60hp and 60ft.lbs to the wheels of that G20. IIRC it was right around 175-180whp and torque with this setup.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo justin do you know where i can get that non intercooler set up ..and how much it is?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Myinfinitig20 said:
yo justin do you know where i can get that non intercooler set up ..and how much it is?
You'd have to contact JWT, they are the manufacturer of the kit (or will be) and I don't know how much.

TY423 said:
Do you remember the price it was going to retail for? I bet it will be in the 2000-2500 category.
See above. =)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Didn't they say they are trying to make it CARB (California Air Resource Board) legal? I thought thats why its taking so damn long.. Ehh....make your own kit...its the same shit as a Bluebird turbo...they use a Bluebird manifold and T25 Garrett turbo. Make your own IC plumbing and downpipe...hell put a IC too while you're at it...all you need to do is get some 370cc injectors and a fuel pump. Send in your ECU to JWT to get it reprogrammed with the 4 bar program or run freakin rich and run a boost dependent fuel pressure regulator. Also might want to get a BOV and a boost controller...All this should cost you around $2500 all used parts including labor to make the pipes and stuff....Anyways this is what I was planning but oh well sold the manifold and turbo and injectors and IC and Z32 fuel pump....ehhh maybe next time..

I know Stillen makes a startup kit but they are charging an arm and a leg...I bet they haven't sold even one kit....all it comes with is the manifold and turbo..and are charging like $1000+ or something ridiculous...but then again its all new...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Yea, the stage 1 will be CARB legal... which is why im waiting. Personally, I would rather wait and pay a bit more for the legal version, than have to dick around with illegal SMOG places trying to rip me off, or not being able to register my car. I have posted a bit about this before, its not exactly easy to just have a place pass you when you are running an illegal setup, especially somthing that obvious. I sold my mustang for $850 :*( after i couldn't get anyone to smog it, and i was looking around for a year (not to mention, its a whole new ball game now with the state tracked SMOG system nowdays).

·
Registered
290 Posts
you must be crazy to run a non-intercooled setup. I hope your windows are in good shape because you won't be using the a/c. I'm in arizona with a t-25 setup on a us spec sr20 motor. I will overheat with the a/c on during mid day with the forge front mount unit. If you are looking for a cheap setup, look at doing a bb setup with the top mount. the t/m ic isn't "the shit, " but sure beats the hell out of no intercooler. my .02:beard:

Bryan

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Rumor had it that JWT was making the kit for Nissan as a 'factory upgrade'. It was non-intercooled and ran a kitten breath 6psi boost, iirc. Thanks to the magic ECU turning of Clark at JWT it was able to run with out intercooling with no problems. A top mount inter'heater' will just act like a heat sink and be worse than no intercooler IMO.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
jwt stage 1 turbo for the g20

JWT turbo kit (1)

99 G20.

Type of Turbo: Garrett T3/T28 series.
Boost: 6.5 psi.
Whp: 177hp
Fuel enrichment: JWT-tuned factory ECU
Torque: 171 lb-ft
Intercooler: optional.
Price: 3,595.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is that 3 grand with installation?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
anyone know if you'll be able to run this on a p10?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Freaktroll that´s what i hate of Jim Wolf Tec., ´cause every SR20DE owner knows how to turbo them and it has been done for years now, some in California; so i don´t know what are they thinking....everyone is waiting for a good deal, but damit´no one has it.

G-Forces the Rumor that JWT was making the kit for Nissan as a 'factory upgrade' is correct....hate them.

Myinfinitig20: Yep.

tdog551: don´t see why not.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Oh I do not even have a G20 yet... The only reason that I would get the JWT turbo kit is that it is CARB legal - California is nuts about "smog." I am sure that I could build a better and cheaper kit myself, but there is not way that I could make it legal in the state that I live it - doesn't that suck like non other.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts