Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here goes, this is my first review so go easy on me. i found a lot of people looking at this coilover setup, and since i have had them on the car for a bit i figured i would write up my review.

This is for my 92 G20, and includes front and rear assemblies

I didnt find it hard to install them, too about 2 hours to get the stock ones out and put the coilovers in. but that wasnt including height adjustment and dampening adjustments.

here are a few problems i ran into installing these coilovers

on the rear of the vehicle

there was no welded nut to put the abs sensor wire, i ended up zip-tieing the sensor to the bottom of the strut loosely so it could still move around a bit.

the dampening adjustment is on top of the strut, so adjusting them requires pulling the back seat back (or forward). not a design flaw, but thats just how the g's are setup. and is kind of a pain, but nothing major.

on the front of the vehicle

the height adjustment is blocked by the third link, the thing that connects the upper control arm to the spindle, ill take a picture next chance i get. not a design flaw of the unit, but it makes adjusting the height more than a simple proccess.

the strut mount, where the camber plates would be if the front suspension were different, has a different size stud than factory, i know the nut was a 14mm stock, but i had to replace it, too big, with a 13mm, not a big deal if you have a pick-a-nut handy, but sucks if your doing this at home. i dont know the thread or bolt size.

no horsepower gains

no problems with the unit so far, i love the way the car looks lowered, almost looks like a maxima i used to have (not that the cars looked alike but they were the same color, same style rims ect.)

overall rating is a 9. for the money you cant beat it, soft if you want it comfy, but you can dial it up if your going to the track or want a firmer ride. these are WAY better on my g then they are on my b14, although my 200sx has a "limited" suspension to begin with.

any questions feel free to ask

thanks
adam

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
The appropriate word would be 'Third link'.... and it does make adjusting the fronts a little more involved, but not much., I just remove the top link outer bolt and it gives you enough room.

Did you get stock spring rates then...not too stiff ??

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If I would have known about the KSports I would have gone this route...

glad you like them...

They look cleaner than my Ground-Controls... But the GC have replaced my crappy OEM suspension... The GR2s in the rear were blown on mine...

Please post some pics of this system installed.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
markbuts3 said:
The appropriate word would be 'Third link'.... and it does make adjusting the fronts a little more involved, but not much., I just remove the top link outer bolt and it gives you enough room.

Did you get stock spring rates then...not too stiff ??
thank you, and i found that to be the easiest way also.

Spring rates were 10g/560 (F) & 5kg/280 (R) respectively

i hope to have pictures up tommorow with the wheels off so you can see the setup and how to adjust them, ect

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the zip tied wire is for the abs sensor, so its plastic on plastic. i think it will be ok, i'll check on it about twice a week (thats about how often i drive her car)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to get the best pictures i could up front

and in the rear

a bit rusty seeing as how its a new england car, if anyone wants a different angle or something let me know and ill get it for you, ill post pictures of the car in its lowered form when i give it a wash

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Very Nice...

Do you know if the dampeners are replaceable?

I would be curious as to know if they can be replaced very easily. My Ground Controls are using KYB AGXs. So I should be able to replace them when they blow out.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
hamzter said:
Very Nice...

Do you know if the dampeners are replaceable?

I would be curious as to know if they can be replaced very easily. My Ground Controls are using KYB AGXs. So I should be able to replace them when they blow out.
Dampener....is that something to make you wet ?? :p

Of course the dampers are replaceable, you just unscrew all the mounts etc off them and you're left with...\/ \/...but obviously the Ksports aren't black ;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tealturboser said:
wow that installation looks more involved than my 200sx
yea i have a set on my b14 too and it took 1 hour to put them on and adjust them. these took about 2 hours

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
hey seradam .. take some pics of the car dumped... as far as it will go (drivable) then a pic of it at a comfylook.. i really want to dump my car.. dont care how ruff it will ride just to handle better and more agressive. also what was the total price with the kit and extras. i was actually doubting the ksport because ive herd that they used the wrong oil in the struts before. and had to be re filled. and other reasons also.. how much faster can you take turns.. like 10mph more without a doubt...etc. btw thanks dooood..

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

this is a crappy picture but its both as low as the car will go, with those wheels, and where i keep it daily. i may try on the stock wheels with snow tires to see how low it can go. the price was 880 shipped to my door, it had everything included, (brake line brackets, height adjusting tools, damper adjusters, and install instructions, pfft who needs those) the car is way more stable and can outhandle my b14 ANY day of the week even on the softest setting (although the 200sx has the crap beam setup out back, so its not a good comparison) i used to be able to take the 30mph ramps at 40, but now i get scared of a spinout before my tires make any noise or i start to feel anything slip. so i can take them at at least 50, but i dont do it often as it can be dangerous and im a daddy.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Adam, can you get a better picture of the drop and also please give us some feedback on the ride. If you have had or been in a p10 with tein s and gr2s or agxs, please give a comparison.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ill get a better picture as soon as i can, its been raining the last couple days and its going to rain for at least another week, and as of yet i have not been in any p10s with any modified suspension aside from my car. the ride can be harsh on the firmest setting, but on the softest setting it is comprable to stock suspension. although my rear shocks were blown for a while before i replaced them with the ksports.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

i suck at taking pictures, they all look the same, the photography class in college was worthless

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Looks good to me. Nice work.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
05+ spec-v, and as an addition, you can use these wheels with factory sized tires in back without a spacer, due to the fact that there is no lower spring perch to rub on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts