Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about the KARR EX-1 security upgrade system?

I think I got suckered into buying one in the finance manager's office! It was like $700 and the guy practically sweared that I'd get a 10-15% discount on my insurance - meanwhile I find out today that that's not true at all!

He also misrepresented several other features but I guess overall the new car replacement feature is worth it. I guess I can rest a little more easy.

The odd thing is, I didn't really get a brochure or anything describing in detail how the alarm works. All I got was a flyer like thing that says:

Electric Shock Sensor
Factory Alarm Trigger on Shock Violation

Does anyone know exactly what these phrase mean? I guess all cars are prebuilt with this alarm cuz all they had to do was activate in my car, which seems a little suspicious to me. I hope I'm not paying for nothing!

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Yeah, I heard the same thing too when I was shopping around for a steering wheel lock for my car. Then when I finally got it insured it wasn't even a "big" saving. Probably saved a few bucks.
Electric Shock Sensor
Factory Alarm Trigger on Shock Violation
Not sure about the first, but I guess the second one means that the factory alarm will trigger when the car senses some shock or vibration(broken glass or someone trying to tow it away.)Chances are you probably didn't get much. Sad thing about some of these stealerships is that they do all they can to buy some you don't even want or need. Don't know much about the KARR EX-1, but I doubt it was more than just a cheap add-on to the factory system. Definately NOT worth $700. :-\
If you need parts for your G, never go to the dealership. Get your stuff from www.infinitipartsusa.com .
BTW, what year is your G?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a brand new 2002.

i wonder if i can ask for some sort of freebie since the insurance thing was a blatant lie.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Try the Infiniti Consumer affairs hotline. Don't have the phone number on me right now but you can probably find it in one of the papers you have. Also, see if they can tell you what that KARR EX-1 is all about.;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, there was definite misrepresentation but i'm trying to decide if the actual product is worht $700.

i get the upgraded alarm which is probably worth i don't know - maybe $200.

then i get some insurance items like they pay up to $500 of my deductible on stolen items (airbags, battery, rims, radio and a couple more things) this is good for 3 years

they will also pay for the difference between what the insurance co pays out if car is completely stolen and the what it costs to get an entirely new car. this is good for 3 years.

so.....it might be worth it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts