Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys..

I heard a lot of people talking about this, but I was wondering where could I purchase it? My clutch just recently decided to slip and I need to replace it...hopefully right after christmas..right now it slips a little in 3rd and 4th..doesn't do it all the time just some times. I shift into 3rd or 4th rpm's rise a little and a little after they rise they drop back down to where they are supposed to be with me still keeping my foot on the gas as I was when I shifted into gear. I don't need a performance clutch right now..just a cheap good replacement.

I forgot to add that I searched in google and only found news about it, but couldn't find a place to buy.

Thanks guys!!

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
Nissan offers key value. it sves you a bit of cash than buying the orignal part. your deler cn most likely quote you a price on it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!! I just went to Infinitiparts and found this http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=174708&siteid=55&catalogid=3231 in the description it says it is for a 91-02 G20, but when I click on it, it says 91-96 can I still use it? Thanks!! and one more thing..I noticed a few weeks ago that in 4th and 5th gear at high rpms my clutch would start to slip a little..and about a few days ago I noticed it starts to slip as I engage 3rd or 4th gear right after I left my foot off the clutch to shift my rpms rise from about 2,000 rpm to maybe 3,000 or so..or maybe just a few hundred and with my foot still on the gas they start to drop back down slowly..anyone know if this MIGHT last me till next week? Because if I order the part tomorrow I might not get it till Friday and the place I want to replace it might not be able to do it on Saturday. I don't drive to fast I normally shift easy and keep the car below 4,000 rpms. Oh and I don't feel the clutch slip all the time just some times.

Thanks guys!!!

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I would think it would work as it will bolt on nd go. dependin on what you find when you pull the trans you should be allright.you might just need a disk im useing your disk curently. i have oem 2000 + disc and extreem plate, but fly wheel is hurting

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
this may or not be useful, but I had a friend who was big into maximas and always had BAD things to say about the key value clutches and said that most maxima guys had similar thoughts about them in terms of how long they last.

I think if you're going to pay someone a ton of labor to put it in then probably better to spend a couple of extra bucks on a decent clutch kit.

Just some thoughts...good luck! Oh and I do know that everythingg20 had a pretty good deal on the stock clutch kit when I had mine done.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Merlin and P10det!! I heard some good things on here by someone who was using a key value clutch I just needed to know somewhere to buy it. Thanks for your input though? I just got off the phone with an Infiniti dealer and he check for a key value clutch kit on Infiniti and Nissan and he couldn't find anything..?? Also, he said the 91-96 would not work for my car because I have a 2nd generation G20. Any more info.? The description on EverythingInfinit says 99-02 but when you click on it, it says 91-96???? Oh, I did think about getting an upgraded clutch, but I've read too many things about CEL's turning on and stuff like that and I don't need anything that holds more than stock horsepower right now anyways.

Thanks again!!!

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
well you better talk to the 2000+ guys im sure they re useing the same after market cluthes as me. I work for nissan my self as a tech. I do know the 2000+ dissk is diferent and im useing the stock disck on my p10. it works fine. you see all should work the only differents is that im runing cble nd you are running hydrolic. but really all bolt up for you. just ingagement is different and posibly diferent throw out bearing that is it

·
Registered
161 Posts
i would have rather got one than trying an xtd and having that fall apart after 800 miles and not getting my money back!....key value will be the next clutch i buy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Based on what you said, I think a Key Value clutch kit will be fine for your uses. I had one in my SE-R for awhile, and it is a good, daily driven clutch that is dirt cheap.

The CEL's don't come from your clutch, it is from an aftermarket flywheel that doesn't trigger the one sensor on the bell-housing.

I'm not 100% positive the key value will fit, but I don't see any reason why it won't. B13/B14 guys run the B15/P11 tranny and I've never heard of clutch issues with them. I would say I'm 95% certain you wouldn't have any issue at all, but I've never been that close to a P11 so that is the 5%. ;)

You can also try GSpec parts for a key value kit, if everythingG20 doesn't help you out.

Josh

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info. guys!! According to the Infinity dealership it won't fit, but I called EverythingNissan yesterday and he told me it would..91-02 is a direct replacement, so I am going with a Key Value since it is a cheap clutch and is from the dealer. I will upgrade to something else when I start to add more horsepower, but for now this is a good clutch for me!

Thanks again!

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
how much was the key value if you dont mind me asking? im probably gonna get one for the winter beater

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He told me it's about $93 or $94 and shipped to my area in California would be about $105 total..still about $80 cheaper than the autoparts store here!!! He did recommend to get the halfshaft seals replaced while I'm replacing the clutch...I think that's what he called them..he said they are $5 a piece or for the pair..something like that I don't remember lol...

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
thanks for the info man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts