Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I am a newbie and I tried searching the forums but couldn't find help. I have a 93.5 G20. I bought it used and the keyless entry worked for a couple of months and is now broke. I have two keys that came with the car. One is a large Infiniti key and the other is this weird looking thing. I think I read valet and non valet key. Neither work in the door. I have locked my self out twice and I was wondering if anyone can help me find out how to get replacement keys for the doors, or is there something wrong with my door locks. Also if my keyless entry is malfunctioning can it lock out the door locks??? HELP??

·
Registered
453 Posts
you probably have tried this, but did you change the battery of the remote? and if so it is possibly some how that your remote was deprogreammed. i would say go to an infiniti dealer and have them take a look but they usually charge up the ass. i am really not sure how they program it, but i was watching them do mine when i first bought my car from them. it was some weird process that required them to put the key in the ignition like many times, using the power door locks (open/close), popping the trunk and pressing the remote buttons. now, in terms of the keys, have they worked before? if they worked before, sometimes when a car is relatively old, the keyhole and and the key teeth wear down. then it requires small adjustments to how you turn your key.

·
Registered
226 Posts
calipw said:
Sorry, I am a newbie and I tried searching the forums but couldn't find help. I have a 93.5 G20. I bought it used and the keyless entry worked for a couple of months and is now broke. I have two keys that came with the car. One is a large Infiniti key and the other is this weird looking thing. I think I read valet and non valet key. Neither work in the door. I have locked my self out twice and I was wondering if anyone can help me find out how to get replacement keys for the doors, or is there something wrong with my door locks. Also if my keyless entry is malfunctioning can it lock out the door locks??? HELP??

just take your vin number into any nissan dealer and they will cut it there and then

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone know how much it costs to get a new key? I have one but for some strange reason won't fit in the trunk key hole, nor the glove box. I really don't think it's a valet key either...

By the way I'm a new owner of a G20

·
Registered
226 Posts
sweet fa

Epik High said:
Anyone know how much it costs to get a new key? I have one but for some strange reason won't fit in the trunk key hole, nor the glove box. I really don't think it's a valet key either...

By the way I'm a new owner of a G20

i think it's about £5/£10 but i got mine for nothing, i just put a sad and sorry face on
if it gets it for nothing its not hard to pull a sad face
congrats for buying a g mate look after it and it will do the same in return
p.s don't lose your key fobv whatever you do

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
I just had to get my key replaced. I went to INfiniti with my VIN number and they said they couldn't do it there. So I went to a auto lock place, and they had to come out to fab up a key on the spot. It sucked and cost me $94, I think I got ripped off.

Also, I have a '92, did they have keyless entry for our cars in 1992?

·
Registered
226 Posts
wow

Sco0terzsl said:
I just had to get my key replaced. I went to INfiniti with my VIN number and they said they couldn't do it there. So I went to a auto lock place, and they had to come out to fab up a key on the spot. It sucked and cost me $94, I think I got ripped off.

Also, I have a '92, did they have keyless entry for our cars in 1992?
i can't believe they charged you $94,well if i got mine for nothing then yours is either a chipped key or i think you have been ripped off mate,
oh and y can nissan dealers not cut you a key with your vin number
strange

1 - 10 of 10 Posts