Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had gotten keyless entry installed on their non-touring P10. I know Infiniti can install something like this, but it costs an arm and a leg. My dad just got keyless for his 2000 Camry and it was only $100 and the guy installed it on our driveway. The G20 has a built in alarm system(i.e. the horn beeps if you unlock the door from the inside and open it) so it could be tricky. Also, it'd be nice to get a remote trunk pop, too. Does anyone have any experience in getting this done and know what a good deal is? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i had one installed on my 91 for $110. it was pretty bare bones though. i had to put in the stuff to beep the horn and flash the parking lights myself. there was no trouble with the alarm. also, the truck popper can be set up by putting in a relay (this was also required for the horn honk, its pretty easy to do and costs like 10 bucks). the remote thing has a lock, unlock and 2 other buttons that you can set to do whatever you want. eventually i want a trunk popper and maybe a close sunroof or something. the one i got is from www.crutchfield.com

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
there is actually one problem with the system i got put in. if you lock the door without using the remote but unlock it with the remote, the alarm goes off when you open the door. i have no idea why this happens, but its not a big deal.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jayntguru said:
My 93.5 non T came with it. Are you sure yours doesn't have it already?
Yes. Keyless came with the Leather Package, which was standard on touring models and optional on non-touring.

jbloggs_c said:
there is actually one problem with the system i got put in. if you lock the door without using the remote but unlock it with the remote, the alarm goes off when you open the door. i have no idea why this happens, but its not a big deal.
So you're saying if you lock the door with the key and unlock it with the remote, the alarm goes off? I think this is because of the stock security system, which goes off when you unlock the door from the inside. This is supposed to deter the car thief who busts open your window and unlocks the door from the inside. I have set it off myself several times myself, when I've been sitting in my car for a while with the doors locked and unlocked the door and opened it or just when the window was down and I reached in and unlocked it from the inside.

What you're describing is exactly what I want to avoid in installing keyless entry. It seems there are two wires to tap into, one from the key lock, one from the door lock, and the computer can tell which is active. So theoretically, if you tapped into the key lock's wiring for the keyless, the computer would think you were unlocking the car with the key.

I've also heard that the INFINITI keys have a microchip in them, but I'm not sure why, and whether this would present any problems with a keyless entry system.

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
jbloggs_c said:

i have the same problem with the alram goin off like that to. yeah i got keyless entry and a remote start intstalled on mine $180.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
the alarm goes off when i actually open the door, not when i unlock it using the remote. there must be a third wire in there somewhere. as far as microchips go, the new gs probably do but classics like my 91. i have no idea how mine is wired up since i didnt do the work myself but if someone can find and explanation for this, ill be their best friend.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...yeah the horn doesn't start beeping until you open the door. When you unlock the door from the inside, and then open the door, it goes off.

I'm guessing whoever installed your keyless made it work with the inside door lock wiring instead of the actually key lock wiring.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
yeah you have to set it up with the original alarm, i was quoted $100 bucks from kustom kar sound here in phoenix and the guy said that he has done it before. he can make it so the stock alarm will arm when you use the remote. the trunk pop was $10 more. i am planning on getting it done pretty soon.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
any idea how hard it would be to change mine to this setup? or better yet, maybe this is worthy of free service by the place that originally put it in. ill see what they say about it...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I've got a possible fix for the alarm problem thing. You need to get a single pole double throw relay from radio shack (they know what that is) and connect it as follows:
terminal 30 - ground
terminal 85 - constant 12 volts (you can use the wire that powers the remote entry brain unit)
terminal 86 - unlock wire from brain unit
terminal 87 - disarm wire (in driver kick panel. its green w/yellow stripe)
terminal 87a - not used

I have the relay already and im going to put it in later today. ill let you all know how it goes.

if anyone happens to have the crimeguard rec11, which is the one i have, the constant 12 volts is a red wire and the unlock wire is blue. otherwise you'll have to check your wiring guide.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
1st try was unsuccessful. the alarm still goes off. im going to keep at it though. hopefully it will work by the end of the day.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
jbloggs_c said:
I've got a possible fix for the alarm problem thing. You need to get a single pole double throw relay from radio shack (they know what that is) and connect it as follows:
terminal 30 - ground
terminal 85 - constant 12 volts (you can use the wire that powers the remote entry brain unit)
terminal 86 - unlock wire from brain unit
terminal 87 - disarm wire (in driver kick panel. its green w/yellow stripe)
terminal 87a - not used

I finally went back and looked at this stuff again yesterday and got it working. Today I'm going to putin another relay so the remote activates the anti theft stuff, which it wasnt doing before. I spent so long reading about this stuff in the fsm that if anyone has questions about their p10 alarm i can probably help u out even though mine doesnt have a stock keyless entry. My next project is to hook up the trunk popper and panic button.

Has anyone here ever put in a remote start? I found the clutch interlock thing or whatever and can probably bypass it without much trouble but how do you go about bypassing the ignition stuff so you dont need a key?

·
Registered
226 Posts
did 91s w/ leather come w/ keyless? i just bought mine, only came with one key(huge silver key w/ infiniti and symbol on it) and nothing else. its non-touring and it has leather. anybody know?

·
Registered
411 Posts
my 91 came w/ just one key and it was fully loaded, leather and all. no remote. how much did u pay if u dont mind me askign

·
Registered
226 Posts
2500, 2700 after tax and tags. 61k miles loaded, stick, only thing im pissed about is no cupholders and blown speakers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts