Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1995 g20 , and it came with keyless entry, just got it from a dealership this weekend, and they said the keyless entry system worked, but once i got home and replaced the battery, nothing happens, does any one know if its a fuse or like an electrical problem? or do i have to bring it to infiniti to get it fixxed?

·
Administrator
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found out that if you goto an infiniti dealer, they hook up your keyless transmitter to a box and see if it transmitts, if it does, it costs generally around $40-$60 dollars to program it to your car, which i think is a bunch of bull, but if any one else has any ideas, lemme know.

also u can try remotesunlimited.com, they will just send you a new remote and instructions to program it to your car, ruffly about the same price too, but u get a better remote :bandit:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
FCC ID: A269ZUA073
DOC CERT NO.:
DOC/MDC 700K922

Third, instructions:

1) Get into the car, locked all doors.
2) Pop the trunk
3) Slide the master key in and out of the ignition hole for 8times
4) Press the unlock/lock button on the remote
5) Press the unlock/lock button again to test if it works, if not repeat again.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
1) Get in the car, close the doors
2) Lock the doors using the automatic lock
3) Put the ignition key in/out of the ignition until the hazard lights flash (6 times for us)
4) Turn the key to acessory
5) Push the Lock button on the remote
6) Unlock/Lock the doors with the automatic lock*
7) Turn the key off
8) Open/close the doors.

We were programming 2 remotes at the same time, since the previous programming attempts "deprogrammed" the remote that did work, so if you are doing 2, after step # 6 you push the lock button on remote # 2 then continue to the end.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
1. Get into the car and close the door, unlocking the driver's side door.

2. Pop the trunk using the button on the driver's side door panel.

3. Lock the doors using the auto-lock (on the console by the windows).

4. Take the key in and key out rapidly ~20 times (for me, the warning lights did not flash, but it still worked.

5. Turn the key to the '2 ACC', or accessory position.

6. Push the lock button on the remote you are trying to program.

7. Unlock/lock the door with the auto-lock mentioned in step 3.

8. Turn the key off, and then remove it from the ignition.

9. Open/close the doors.

10. Test your remote.

11. If this doesn't work, try using the remote before opening the door.

12. If this still hasn't worked, try opening the hood, going on the passenger side of the car, and opening the into black box (with relay plugs/switches). Here, remove the 'Horn' plug and replace it before attempting to try again.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Its always the SPEED of the key insert/remove process that seems to give people difficulty with the programming process.

If you are doing it slowly - try speeding up.

If you are doing it really fast - try slowing down.

Different Nissan/Infiniti vehicles seem to respond to different times for this part of the instructions, so just adjust your speed and you will be successful in getting the vehicle to respond.

·
Registered
77 Posts
if you have an autozone or an auto parts store near you there should be a key fob tester by their counter. test out your remote to see if your remote is still good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts