Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone think these are practical for day to day thumping? the 18 inch ones. also anyone know whut the biggest amp jl has?

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Get some freakin headfones & thump all ya like ;)

:beard:

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
for day to day use? an 18? no way. day to day use, get a 12 kicker comp. its what ive got, great sound for not a lot of money, and its practical. an 18 would blow you out of your car, ESPECIALLY day to day. your hearing would be gone in a week.

get a 12, for day to day use its most reasonable. even a 15 is too much

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
My set up, Kicker solobaric, fosgate amp and a nice box.

I know, hard to see the sub but look how the bar reflects off the amp! :naughty: D

·
Registered
362 Posts
yeh the solobaric would be good for you maan.. and besides you will need to make a box the size of your trunk to get that solo x speaker sounding right

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx yeah i mesured it and if i have them facing up theyd fit im thinking the L7s. for my exploder im getting 4 of the 18s to comp with. oh yeah and head fones are illegal but i can bump all i like. yeah i got all thes alternators that i dont know whut to do with so i asked.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
My 12" solobaric is plenty loud enuf, good choice for ya. The only thing I may look into is seeing if I can use a smaller box or even glassing it in but I'm hesitant on that since it's just a bit too permanant for me. :cheeky: D

·
Registered
796 Posts
The SoloX 18 is a bit much ( You also would need at least 2500 watts RMS to get the most out of them). You may be able to get away with the 12 version, but you are still looking at needing a ton of power.

BTW, what alternators do you have? The stock unit is not enough for anything over 1200 watts (and even that is stretching it).

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Diamond_G said:
The SoloX 18 is a bit much ( You also would need at least 2500 watts RMS to get the most out of them). You may be able to get away with the 12 version, but you are still looking at needing a ton of power.

BTW, what alternators do you have? The stock unit is not enough for anything over 1200 watts (and even that is stretching it).

i have three lexidynes 300 amp alternators two of which power the amps for my cb. right now i have two xxx 12s and a shitty 1000w amp and if my windows arent shakin and my trunk aint poppin open its not enuff. but i am thinking the 15" L7s will do with a jl 500/2. and with the two lexidynes i can push abt 10,000w outta my cb

·
Registered
796 Posts
All that is in your G? I am looking for a 300 amp alt... (Iraggi is my only choice thus far). See the issue is the not the amperage that is outputted it is how fast the alt can react to put out said amperage.

I would recommend looking into the XXX by Resonant Engineering. Takes more power than the 15L7 and has waaaay more throw... The downside is that the 15/18 is about 76/78lbs... But if given enough power in about a 4-9 cube box, you could really hurt someone...(the XXX is about 1200 retail... your mileage may vary).
RE XXX

If not then get the SoloX, much beefier unit than the L7 (and many would call it overkill, but I like my bass like you do so don't worry).

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah the alts are. i had 13 in my suburban with a 70,000w cb amp setup(keyed up next to my g and fried my ecm) they are very good and will take just abt any load u can put on them just ull have to get very very strong belts. also some alts off of school busses are very good too but i like the lexidyne cuz they come off of locomotives.

·
Registered
796 Posts
BTW, what kind of music do you listen to?

Also reading termpro... Finding out a lot of the vendors are comming out with new equipment for '07. You may want to wait to see how much prices drop for the old stuff.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i listen to icp and shit like that. also another alternator company to look at is leece nevil there realativly small compared to the lexidyne but will push 250-300 amps the lexidynes are out of locomotives so there pretty big weigh abt 200lbs a peice i use them only for cb keydowns (compotitions) but i have made up my mind kicker sold the pantent for the square subs and the company that makes them now are sellin 12s for abt 160 sub. sorry for my horrible grammar but i gotta type fast

·
Registered
796 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
i listen to icp and shit like that. also another alternator company to look at is leece nevil there realativly small compared to the lexidyne but will push 250-300 amps the lexidynes are out of locomotives so there pretty big weigh abt 200lbs a peice i use them only for cb keydowns (compotitions) but i have made up my mind kicker sold the pantent for the square subs and the company that makes them now are sellin 12s for abt 160 sub. sorry for my horrible grammar but i gotta type fast
wait what?? :eh:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont know what your "wait whating" about but yeah theres a company selling square subs that are similar to kickers and roadquake has them but kicker panteted it so they mustave sold it. oh an icp is insane clown posse for those of you who do not know of them. if theres anything i left out tell me lol.

·
Registered
796 Posts
There are only two companies using the square speaker design that are worth anything (IMHO): Kicker and HiFonics. Oddly enough Kicker couldn't patent the square design, but they did patent the ribbing on the surround (which is why no one else uses it). So I assume you are talking about the HiFonics Zeus... One of the car audio mag's is supposed to do a head to head to see which is better.

I know who ICP is btw....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts