Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's been a klanking sound comming from the back of my car. I just got the rear suspension replaced today, but it's still there. Could it be that something isn't secured in my trunk, or that something with the rear struts is still affected?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
try pulling the emergency brake up a little while it's rattling and see if it goes away. I have a noise like that that seams to be coming from my brake caliper rattling around on the slides. I've been going nuts trying to find it and fix it. I finally just gave it to my mechanic to fix tonight. If that's your problem I'll let you know the fix when I get it back tommorro

·
Registered
593 Posts
word up i get a big clunk to i thought it was my exhuast couse i have 3 inch pipe.i figuered the bigget pipe was smaking the body but wheni put it on the lift i sway the ewxhuast around and it doesnt hit tyhe body and im shaking it really good to.wheni put my new rear struts in is there anything elsei should change while im at it?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
try moving the rear sway bar, I had teh clunking on my G turns out the rear sway bushings were shot and also the link ends needed replacing, once I changed this the clunking went away!

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
eric.....ya might wanna make sure ur shims are installed right....mine were in backwards & my brakes were clanking, i fixed them & no more cluunking

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
enohand said:
eric.....ya might wanna make sure ur shims are installed right....mine were in backwards & my brakes were clanking, i fixed them & no more cluunking
I had a local shop do my brakes because I didn't have time. they had the car 5 time already trying to fix it. supposedly they tried the shims, I gave them another caliper mount, they switched the slides, adjusted the e-brake. nothing worked. I had to tell them it was the brakes, they tried to point me to everything else in the car. Now I sent it to a trusted mechanic and I'll have to pay someone to fix their incompotence. I would normally do t all myself, but I have no garage to work in and I haven't had them time either. :(

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
it's a curvy bar almost directly behind the wheels, give it a tug from side to side, if it slides, then you should replace bushings and link ends, cheap and not too hard to do 15-30 mins

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so..what have we concluded? I don't want to turn it into a trial and error thing because you waste money that way.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
did you try moving the rear sway bar? I didn't say go buy it, I said try to see if that's the problem... just need to get a little dirty.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
TurboTwenty said:
so..what have we concluded? I don't want to turn it into a trial and error thing because you waste money that way.
no offence but that's all your gonna get from here. if you want a 100% diagnosis then you will need to bring it to a mechanic. all we can do is try to point you in the right direction and hope you figure it out from our experience.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts