Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rear(towards the rear of the car) of the block, towards the top, just below the head gasket, the intake manifold covers it up. You can barely get to it from underneath, and the clip holding the connector on is a bugger.
so this is not gonna be easy getting to. oh boy

The knock Sensor location center of the block as close to the combustion chamber for the simple reason is it's living up frequency of the combustion. It's a engine safety device
Thanks guys !

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think changing the knock sensor is easy as hell. How I change mine on my p11 is to use a 12mm wrench. Once its unbolted, leave the knock sensor dangling by the wire. Then, get from under the car and reach for the wire from the top of the engine bay. You should be able to unhook the knock sensor by using a flat head. Pry the "U" shape pin out and the knock sensor should come out. Do the complete opposite to reinstall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i bought a new sensor as well. tried to take it off but a socket will not fit so i need and open ended wrench. tried a crescent but i cant see what im doing because there is so little space and while im feeling around i accidentally loosen the wrench. i may try a socketed wrench but im worried im going to have to remove the intake because im not sure i can back the bolt out the entire way. there is a hose right behind it which is why i cant fit on a socket.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.