Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored a good deal on some koni rear shocks for my p11. I plan on using a Ground Control c/o setup. The problem is the shocks didn't come with any spring cups. I'm not sure if I should try to buy some from Koni or try to make some out of steel and have them welded to the shock bodies. Does anyone know how Scott Higashi used to mount the sleeves on his setups?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I have the original production units on my G.. once I strip them out and get my one piece jobbies, I will let you have them. Burn whatever is left over.. melt them to good. I hate them with an undying passion that I cannot honestly convey with words.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dont weld to a shock you will ruin it. Just get the parts from Koni OR if you can find the correct GC sleeves which dont use the lower perch from what I have seen. I dont know how complete your Konis are but they have a circlip that fits into a grove in the body, then a ring sits on that, then the perch sits on that. I have seen GC's on Konis with no lower perch so I assume the sleeve fits over the ring (or circlip) perfectly. You must remember that GC makes different kits for different brands of struts/shocks with minor differences.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I got the 8040-1242 rear shocks and the sleeves didn't even fit over them properly. It turns out my kit was for stock shocks so I'm sending them back to GC so they can set me up with the right ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts