What the heck does KR4 mean in your signature?!? :alien:

·
Registered
424 Posts
b-b00gie said:
v_knot...

I've been meaning to ask you this...

What the heck does KR4 mean?!? :alien:
I am sure J is shaking his head as he is reading this post! LOL..

KR4 is Nissan's paint code for the G.

KR4 = Titanium
TV3 = Maui Blue
KL0 = Silver Crystal
QT1 = Aspen White Pearl (the one you have I think)
ET1 = Autumn Bronze
KH3 = Black Obsidian
BW9 = Midnight Blue
AX5 = Royal Ruby
JW0 = Millenium Jade
EV0 = Sandrock Beige

The numbers are all subscripted. I wanted to differentiate the common mistaken Titanium colour from the Silver. It is advisable that when you do get your Impul kit painted, specify the paint code for exact match.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought.. just double checking.

Hmm.. they dont make Titanium anymore, after the first month or two of the 2002's they only make Crystal Silver which is a new color that looks almost white.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The KR4 and the TV3 are the two colours that are "limited availability". After my accident, I went back and demanded another TV3 but they said no luck. So I looked on the colour chart and saw that the KR4 is the other limited availability colour so I took it. They had to ship it from one city to where I live!! Cool. Yup the KL0 is the late addition to colour choices.

I was going to go with the Midnight Blue if the KR4 was not available.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh...

The KR4 wasnt limited edition like the TV3 though.

The KR4 (Titanium) was standard from 99 - 01. In 2002 they also had it as standard issue, but after the first month they dropped it for Silver Crystal.

That may be why they said its limited availability, but it wasnt limited edition like the Maui.

The dealer explained all that to me a few weeks ago because I didnt think the Titanium was offered in 2002, but they had one sitting on the lot....

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Or you could have QNO (later model P10 pearl color) and have to pay an outrageous amount of money to get anything painted. Places locally wanted $200+ (even as high as $300) to paint a factory wing. They said the paint was expensive, and since it was a 3 layer paint it'd take time, etc... BAH! Bad monkeys.
I got it done for $100 up in Phoenix... hook-ups are cool! :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
b-b00gie said:
Oh...

The KR4 wasnt limited edition like the TV3 though.

The KR4 (Titanium) was standard from 99 - 01. In 2002 they also had it as standard issue, but after the first month they dropped it for Silver Crystal.

That may be why they said its limited availability, but it wasnt limited edition like the Maui.

The dealer explained all that to me a few weeks ago because I didnt think the Titanium was offered in 2002, but they had one sitting on the lot....
Completely agree. The Maui blue is indeed, limited edition and limited availability.

Get that titanium if I were you. I begin to like the KR4 more than TV3 in terms of curves and lines visibility. But the Maui is always a classic. :(

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have the EV0 paint color, which I have only seen on one other G in the Phoenix area.

I thought it was kind of pathetic when I went to the dealer to get a bottle of touch up paint and they thought it was EVO (instead of EV0 <-- zero). Took them about 15 minutes to figure it out.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mines pretty expensive...93.5 I have: DLO G
Green /color speckle flake stuff...its a nice color tho

·
Registered
424 Posts
trbobrk said:

My 1993.5 has the paint code KL0 so it's not a new color, just new to the P11.
rephrase.....it's new precedence over other colours, but you're right it's not new addition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts