Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Sit on SS coilovers and chill on mods

Votes: 6 60.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm already dropped on Tein S Techs springs and in dire need of new struts. I'm sitting here debating whether to get AGX's or spend a bit more and buy Tein SS coilovers. I mean I can afford the coilovers but should I get coilovers or should I get AGX's and F&RSTB instead? ...know what I mean? My P11 is my DD and I don't plan on autox-ing or anything like that. The only "sporty" driving I plan on doing is some mountain driving but that'll be once in a blue moon or so. So basically I'm just asking all you guys your opinions and to consider budgeting as a factor...

There might be some threads on this, but I tried looking for a good half hour or so and I am blazed so I got lazy and said fuck it just ask the homies...sorry.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
If I were spending the $$$ I would pick up the Tein coilovers the guy in Canada is sellin.
You should be able to get em for a good deal.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
I wish i just did coilovers from the start...wouldn't have cost me too much more than doing the tein's/agx combo i'm running now.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I get coilovers, what else would be needed? ie. AGX --> bumpstops, MEP mounts... vs. TEIN SS ---> ____???

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jasezero said:
I wish i just did coilovers from the start...wouldn't have cost me too much more than doing the tein's/agx combo i'm running now.

how much you pay for your struts?

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
$342 and shipping...springs were about 140 shipped.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any opinions/comments on the handling (stiffness/softness) of the SS coilovers vs. AGX's? Why is one more superior compared to the other? Sorry I'm just tryingnto learn more about suspension and what I'm going to lean more towards buying.

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
rmyc said:
no.. just dont think that would make a wife quality type of women.. that will raise my kids with good morals
^^^ SS ride hella smooth, I have AGXs and my ride is DEF. more bumpy than Mike's car.

...his is lower too. :(

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so should I pay the extra 5-6 bills? How much lower is it? I dont know if I want to go any lower cause my shit will be rubbing like a motha. ...never rolled fenders so I'm kinda scurred to do it. Im on S Techs with 225/40/18R and they rub when I hit dips on the freeway and streets.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, The Man has spoken. :bowdown:

Hey Mikey, I guess I'll be getting coilovers too :naughty: ...too bad I lagged on the ones from Canada :-\ Oh well, I'll find a deal somewhere ;)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
SS Coilovers will feel MUCH better than springs/shocks with some strut bars. SS coilovers all the way!

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so theyre def worth the few extra hundered dollars? what am I going to do with my springs??? daves having trouble selling his...

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Ugly said:
so should I pay the extra 5-6 bills? How much lower is it?
Yahnozha said:
get the SS, especially if this is your daily.
Koojo said:
SS Coilovers will feel MUCH better than springs/shocks with some strut bars. SS coilovers all the way!
i think you should. buying the SS coils is the best thing i ever did for my baby. you can drop the front 2.9", and 2.8" for the rear. and after the Carbing GB is finished, there should be some cheaper bars floating around. when you visit the Bay Area, i'll take you for a spin. a 5 minute drive in G20Toruing's P11 convinced me...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts