Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the closest to stock ride as possible. I got the Eibach's and now I need shocks.

People tell me to get the AGX and others tell me to get the GR2s.
I'm not too much of an aggressive driving.

I'm going to be doing a lot of daily driving in and out of the city (which is Boston and got voted the worst roads in the country) Keep that in mind.

I drive say like 30 minutes into Boston everyday for school.

So what would you guys say???
I'm not looking for like crazy handling. Something closest to stock ride setup. To go with the eibach pro kit

·
Registered
520 Posts
You would be good with the GR2's. You don't really need the AGX's. I've heard people on here that have just springs with stock shocks and they said it worked pretty good. Only thing is that the stock shocks won't last that long. I say go with the GR2's.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Well, the GR-2's are a non adjustable AGX, in very simple terms. If you don't think you'll need the adjustability go with the GR-2's, however, with the AGX's you can fine tune the ride to make it smoother, along with all the other performance benefits too.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I'll go with the Gr-2s. hahahhaha
CUZ I'M GHETTO LIKE THAT.
Freakin AGX are like 86 bucks per shock.

Anyone know the part number for the Gr-2s for the 2002 infiniti????

·
Registered
520 Posts
say, that's not being ghetto man. Just there is no reason to get something you don't need. The GR2's are still great shocks...just not adjustable.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Wait.......I want stiffness........I want the stiffest ride possible......cuz I "like the bounce" so......I am wondering if I should get gr-2's or agx's someone told me agx's are stiffer so I was going to get them.......is that true? :alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
562 Posts
hmm...shouldn't be bouncing with AGX's really...if shocks are dead then yeah bouncy...but if the suspension is really stiff you will get a vibrating ride and little cracks will feel like you hit a 6 inch curb straight on...

·
Registered
562 Posts
aren't the GR2 pretty much stock like struts? Because I asked some shops and they said that KYB makes OEM shocks for Nissan and bunch of other car makers. Well maybe they are alittle improvement...but find out first cuz if it is just like the stock then you might blow them out again...I say get the AGX and adjust it for daily commute and stiffen it whenever you feel like taking some turns like on the weekends....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See the major thing is that i"m not really a racer...I'm a calm driver. There is a huge price difference between agx and gr-2s if I"m not mistaken. Maybe i"m off.

I'll probably end up with the AGX .... I've heard a lot of poeople say that they are just like the stock shocks and will probably blow almost as quick. I guess AGX is the way...DAMNIT I DIDN'T WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY.

Oh well...HOw long doy ou guys think that my stock shocks will hold up with the Eibach kit? I have 28,000miles on them already. I'm getting the eibach kit installed next week along with 17X7s.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the GR-2's paired with B&G springs and have put over 5k miles on them. The ride is very good and the handling is excellent, I have no idea if they will last as long as AGX's but I do know the B&G's are stiffer than the Eibach's and the GR-2's don't seem to have any problem keeping up with them. I did a lot of research before I settled on this combo and from what I found out (through a tech guy at KYB) the GR-2's are a SPORT replacement and not a stock replacement and according to KYB they will handle up to a 35% increase in spring rate before you will have any kind of trouble, I also noticed during the install that the GR-2's where much beefier than the stock and a little stiffer in compression and rebound. I'm no suspension expert but I would say go with the GR-2's and save your money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
AGX and Stock Springs is NOT Great

I went with AGXs and stock springs and the struts were too much for the springs. The ride just didn't feel right. I ended up getting Ground Controls (so I could chop the spring perches and put in bigger wheels) and then the AGXs were great. If I were going to do it again I would either get Ground Controls and AGXs or GR2 with stock springs.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Chekmi21 said:
I guess I'll go with the Gr-2s. hahahhaha
CUZ I'M GHETTO LIKE THAT.
Freakin AGX are like 86 bucks per shock.

Anyone know the part number for the Gr-2s for the 2002 infiniti????

If you´re staying stock go with GR-2, but if u plan
some future performance i´d go with the AGXs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts