Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so just a couple days ago, i got a nice surprise when turning on my 93 g20. it sounded like a struggling lawn mower. it drives fine, accelerates fine, but the car is just super super loud now, especially when in the gas or idling at a stop light. i'm thinking maybe something wrong with the exhaust, since if i do have the heat on i can smell a little exhaust.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
exhaust leak fasho

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
probably a broken flex pipe, although that usually gets progressively worse

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
jack the car up, turn the engine on and feel to see where there's air coming up or even a little bit of smoke/ condensation. replace that section and your good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a broken flex pipe. an easy fix and not to hurtful on pockets. only charged $320 with labor included

·
Registered
640 Posts
wow...thats a lot of money. You should have bought a SS Autochrome header for about 150 and put it on yourself. Its not that hard to do. You could have had an upgrade out of it. 320 is a lot of cash. Oh well, your car is back to normal.

·
Registered
978 Posts
320 for a flexpipe and labor!? good lordy...I think I paid $60 for my flex pipe on my accord back in the day. And yeah like Pauley said...$150 for an SSAC and like 2 hours of work and it would have been fixed...plus it's shiney.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea they got the part for 235. 2 gaskets for total of 15 . then the damn labor and taxes blows the bill up high.

·
Registered
430 Posts
thats y if u can which im sure u can just do the work yourself. save alot of money and have a lil fun.

·
Registered
582 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
thats y if u can which im sure u can just do the work yourself. save alot of money and have a lil fun.
But mainly save alot of money :naughty:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts