Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

LCA Brace NOT Recommended.

5K views 95 replies 22 participants last post by  jasezero 
#1 ·
Gains? sure it has some. it feels great actually, but at the price its at is it worth the few weeks youll probably have it?

driving home to cali from oregon yesterday the highway had a lot of falling rocks. anyways, lets just say on a narrow highway, where you cant dodge em, your likely to do some damage.

its not completely off, but its bent up backwards and vibrates against my downpipe and i think the crossmember. (i only hear it at certain rpms so im guessing downpipe at different frequencies.

it sounds like shit, and im not sure if other damage was done. without the bar i would gone right over the rocks im sure, but the 2 i hit were sent up and hit everything from the front to the back of the car underneath. have to check for damage today.

if i could go back and just buy an fstb i would. im sure its just as good.

ill have to bend the bar back (assuming i can easily since its STEEL)

#3 ·
yeah me too... and the noise it made scared the shit out of me. it sounded like i killed everything under my car, then it starts vibrating....

i may have fked something along the exhaust, but it sounds like its towards the front and i crawled briefly under and the bar was bent back a ways... ill get it in the air and get some pics if i get a chance

#8 ·
Ugly said:
hot damn thats low!!! Thanks...I dont think Ill be buying one haha

He was also dropped pretty low, the front bumper only sat 4 inches off the ground.
If his is dropped as low as mine, the front bumper has trouble at times without scrapping.

#10 ·
Sorry to hear this, makes me wonder too...
Can you take some pics of how it came out ?
I might take mine out too, not sure yet though.
Rocks on the road is never good news, with or without LCA.

#12 ·
yeah I scrape my bumper leaving work everynow and then...scraped my mudflaps at my complex so I had to take those off. With all the construction the city is doing here I dont think it'll be a good idea...

Ill be frequenting the mountains for snowboardign and they always have rocks n the road from rock slides so yeah thats no bueno too

#14 ·
manual ones do sit higher, the bar isnt 2.5 inches off the ground, its 2.25 :p

im sitting on tein NRs which are just s-tech springs, so not an uncommon height. ima see if the exhaust place down the streets open. if they are ill get the car up and take some pics.

i scrape the bumper once every 3 weeks probably. im pretty good at getting in steep driveways at just the right angle not to.

rocks in the road arent a good thing, youre right. but i think without the bar it wouldnt have hit them. they werent THAT big, but the bar sits low.

#15 ·
you are absolutely right. I am driving with extra care now too. I might take it off and see if I can adapt the holes so it sits a bit higher, as close to the frame as possible.

#16 ·
oh crap, maybe i'll hold off on installing mine. i hit a HUGE rock once up in the East bay mountains, and it scarred my lip, bounced up into my front driver side wheel well, tearing the plastic fender liner. it was bent into my spokes, and made the "playing card on bicycle spokes" sound.

#17 ·
i installed it and still have not have a problem..my car is also 4 in off the ground..the bar has not hit or scrape anything...NYC streets i hit a lot...only thing that bothers me is the vibration in certain rpms..its a quiet vibration..you will only hear it if u turn off everything and just listen to the road...other than that its fine with me

#18 ·
I will have a careful look at the brace. I t hangs kinda low, so I think 2 extra holes could be drilled to have it sit closer to the frame, as much as possible. That would solve the problem I guess. Too cold now, will have to wait, just driving carefully for the time being.

#20 ·
i dont *think* it did any damage, but until i get it in the air i wont know. all i saw was that it was tilted back a ways. i think the mounts are thin enough that they would give way before any damage could be done.

nismo, sure you havent had any problems yet, i hadnt really either, all it takes is one thing. youll hit it eventually, its not possible to avoid it when its your DD.

hell i get scared driving on the freeway with ruts anymore, if there was a slight dip and you were in ruts youd scrape it.

entrances to driveways havent given me problems, just minor bumps in the road. even if its a small dip on only one wheel, thats enough to scrape it if youre going 35

and also nismo, there shouldnt be any vibration noise. i would guess you put the bar on then the washer, then the nut. i would switch the bar and the washer

#21 ·
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
i dont *think* it did any damage, but until i get it in the air i wont know. all i saw was that it was tilted back a ways. i think the mounts are thin enough that they would give way before any damage could be done.
agreed...it will get scrape if it hits something big or at high speeds.

2000 G-Twenty-T said:
nismo, sure you havent had any problems yet, i hadnt really either, all it takes is one thing. youll hit it eventually, its not possible to avoid it when its your DD.
ditto...no problems yet..but its bound to get scraped

2000 G-Twenty-T said:
hell i get scared driving on the freeway with ruts anymore, if there was a slight dip and you were in ruts youd scrape it.
yea well we all do, people with 18-19s inch rims are afraid to crack/bend their rims...shit happens...also cars that are lowered are afraid to crack/scrape their bumpers...the list grows....then why should we get rims or even lower our car? cause we are all g20 enthusiasts. u get my point?

2000 G-Twenty-T said:
entrances to driveways havent given me problems, just minor bumps in the road. even if its a small dip on only one wheel, thats enough to scrape it if youre going 35
not a problem there...there are pot holes here and there in the city...the bar is bound to get scraped...

2000 G-Twenty-T said:
and also nismo, there shouldnt be any vibration noise. i would guess you put the bar on then the washer, then the nut. i would switch the bar and the washer
its my exhaust (Crush bent 2.5) is tapping the bar...its not the washer...

i do agree with you (not recommended for DD)...it will do some damage if we hit pot holes, dips, etc.

also my G20 is my DD...i just think that a car should be driven with all its potential. we all wanted the bar for better handling and i think it is doing its job. we didn't know that it will be that low (heck i didn't even know...am i am sorry that it has cause problems for yall. i just wanted to set up a GB for this wonderful forum) now that we have knowledge of this LCA. we can inform others...remember we all are going to face some type of problem with our mods (Aftermarket parts are not always the best)

mike

#23 ·
^^^ well put. i bought my LCA with the intention of drawing out all of my G's handling potential. that's also why i decided to upgrade to the 3 point brace, once round 2 of the Carbing GB begins.

THANKS AGAIN TO MIKE, THE CARBING COMMANDER!

edit: PWNED by Cryss :square:

#24 ·
Cryss said:
so the manual one has more clearance? does anyone have a pic of the manual one? how far is it off the ground??
NismoG20T said:

Different mounts

Manual on top - Auto on the buttom
not sure about the clearance for the manual LCA.

#25 ·
the manual LCA should be the only one made. it will fit the AT just fine
that combined with better clearance makes no sense in buying the AT one.

and i understand about wanting to draw full potential, but this DOES increase damage all over our car.
now that its barely 2 inches off the ground, if you hit a manhole cover, or a steel plate on the ground thats sticking up a bit -- anything thats immovable -- imagine the consequence. if youre doing 35 and hit something that wont move with the bar, say goodbye to your front wheels and all.

an fstb would do probably just as much, and be much less risky.
just wait till yalls hit it, and youll understand ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.