Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, thanks to another thread i've used some tracer dye and a UV light and eliminated my crank seal leaking and the seal between my upper and lower oil pan. The only problem now is it looks like th oil is coming form above the oil pan. I've taken some dark pictures with the UV light so you guys can hopefully give me your opninon on what it is that is leaking and how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

These pictures are right below the passenger side looking up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check these items

Oil pressure sender (switch)
Oil filter
Timing chain tensioner
Oil pump o ring (front cover to block)
check the filter too, I had an issue where I forgot to tighten the filter all the way and it rattled loose.
Thanks you two. I'll check those things today. I don't have an FSM though could someone explain to me how to locate the Oil Pressure Sender (switch)? So far I gathered it's reachable from underneath the car and it's supposed to be an easy fix, right?

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Thanks you two. I'll check those things today. I don't have an FSM though could someone explain to me how to locate the Oil Pressure Sender (switch)? So far I gathered it's reachable from underneath the car and it's supposed to be an easy fix, right?
Backside of the motor (near firewall), look directly above the passenger axle.

Normal direction threads to twist out and twist new one in. Don't go crazy on tightening a new pressure switch in as you can pretty easily strip the treads if you try to hulk it.

I put a little grey rtv around the threads too. Some guys don't and say it isn't necessary. A three bond or permatex rtv tube is an sr20's best friend.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, thanks for that advice. I just got time to underneath the car today and just wanted to make sure this is the piece I'm taking off. Also, it has a wire at the end that looks like I just pull it off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.